static low 92

Cranking on it like a boss...

I like it
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #462
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Thank ya, it's past time to have it on the road.

Had to replace ball joints on daughter's ride, mow, etc etc. Not a lot of time today but I was able to start wiring the fans. Fabbed a bracket for the relays and strung wires.

64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:43 AM   #463
TerribleTrux
Love,Peace&Chicken Grease

Welp, I figured out why all your photos were so large. I have a Photobucket hotlink fix extension added to my chrome browser. Disabling the extension fixed the problem.

I will try a different Photobucket fix extension for all those that still post using the free version of Photobucket.
99' S-10 Summer driver, 4.3, Auto, Xtreme rims. Thred
TerribleTrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #464
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTrux View Post
Welp, I figured out why all your photos were so large. I have a Photobucket hotlink fix extension added to my chrome browser. Disabling the extension fixed the problem.

I will try a different Photobucket fix extension for all those that still post using the free version of Photobucket.
Glad to hear it!

Here's the latest.. Pretty much have a domino effect going on right now, I plan to bust ass this weekend, but have to play my cards right..

Radiator hoses mocked up and fitted last night. Cleaned and sprayed rust converter on heater core box Wed night, painting tonight, then installing new heater core, installing heater box, and filling system w/ water. Oh, and in testing sturdiness of fan install I realized the F'in radiator is only held in with 2 bolts to rad support. Sheesus.. hopefully have some in the bin I can use for the short term.

Power steering hoses connected (returns are loose to drain old fluid out), have to install power steering pulley, fan belt, flush system, then start engine to bleed hydroboost to get brake pedal. BUT want to install exhaust so I can run extended and not aggravate anyone. (noise and smell in the garage, take a guess)

Have to bend front brake lines, then can bleed air out of the system. Purchased power bleeder setups for the master cylinder and tilton clutch master so I don't have to ask for any help bleeding the systems. Master cylinder setup is in house, tilton setup shipped directly from mfg, unknown ETA.

Have to drop tank to change sending unit so gauges will work, area under tank is cleaned out and ready for work.

While I'm back there I will torque down suspension joints. Driveshaft is ready, picking it up at lunch today. *EDIT* have to pull rear yoke, install speedi-sleeve and new seal. Looked at it wed night, not sure if it's the yoke or the seal @ the rear that's leaking. Will know more when I pull yoke.

Once that is done I'll install exhaust since all the peripheral stuff is completed.

You see the process as it needs to happen, just hope I can unfold it correctly.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton

Last edited by Hotwire; 04-13-2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: ADDED ITEMS TO LIST
Old 04-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #465
HectorM52
SSF Subscriber*
18x8 & 18x10 Boost

Nice man, so close! Keep up the good work!! Get er dun!!
Old 04-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #466
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

You know I'm burning up all the kindness my wife is giving me to get this off the jackstands. When the tires hit the ground it will be ready to go into reverse and drive out.

Driveshaft in hand!! Taking the 20 min drive there the highway was at a standstill. Decide to bypass it and go through the city. Road blocked off due to construction, then get stuck at the train tracks. Thing had 4 engines, went on forEVER! Get there and they'd installed greasable joints after the guy told me solid. They changed them out, but it was another delay. Hopefully tonight will go smoother. lol, yea. right.

Forgot to mention that e-fans have been tested and work, still knocking crap out of my eyes that got sucked out of the radiator when they fired up. Turns out circuits marked as "Not Used" in GM schematics means they are NOT USED! Fans had 0 power at first, I'd hooked them to the RTD circuit of the fuse box. (Not used) I thought, ok, no fuse there, put one in and it literally falls out. No, there's no contacts for a fuse.. BUT the wire is populated in the wiring harness. What I get for mismatching all the garbage I keep around. Another fun fact, using the silverado fuse box, when you turn the high beams on, the low beams cut off. Have another batch of chinese relays being delivered, will fix that post haste.

Rear tail lights (brake/turn, parking, reverse) and dome light are hooked up, but have not been tested.

Keep messing up on bending brake lines. Something about trying to avoid power steering hoses and clutch master cylinder while trying to keep away from headers is screwing me up. I've figured out to bend a test piece w/ clothes hanger wire, then use that as the go to since my spatial relations isn't up to par. Also doesn't help that I can't figure out where the bend lands when you start w/ the bender. Hoping to be a thing of the past here soon.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 04-13-2018, 06:39 PM   #467
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Just ignore those light spots above it.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 04-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #468
static low 92

Burnout videos?
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:12 PM   #469
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Nope. Went to replace rear seal, yoke spun on pinion. Turns out S10 yoke is 27 spline and doesn't work on 25 spline pinion even though it was positively engaged before.

The original yoke now fits, have no idea what the difference is but it's really tight, almost keyed. Replaced seal, speedy sleeved yoke, and buttoned up rear. Got conversion u joint, driveshaft is too short. They cut it short to begin with, then 8.2 yoke is shorter (.446"), got to talk with them Monday to see what can be done. It sucks. Bad.

Suspension is torqued, pinion angle set. Sending unit changed out but may need to go back in and turn it, showing 1/2 tank.

Got cooling system buttoned up and filled, replaced e fan spade connectors with actual f body weather pack connectors.

Installed power steering pulley, used install tool and air drill to spin pump and flush system and chase air out, then sealed it up.

Bench bled brake master, fluid started coming out of piston, going tomorrow to swap it. Also notice hole in piston is super deep and larger than hydro pin. I need 80s vette master, not 70s chevelle master.

Went to install heater core, got soff seal setup, came with seals for the dampeners, started cutting spot welds on the heater box to clean it up and install the seals, then got distracted and started installing the exhaust. Just looping heater hoses for now.

Exhaust is going to be a pain. I might have to get an exhaust shop to fit the over axle/tail pipes. This summit kit isn't very well put together.

I am trying to improve upon the exhaust hangers that were there originally, think I'm headed in the right direction.

How the exhaust sits, ignore the nice warm patina.

Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 04-14-2018, 11:55 PM   #470
HectorM52
SSF Subscriber*
18x8 & 18x10 Boost

I'm just upset that you're holding out on us. Not once have I seen pics of your "system." I had MTX speakers back in the day too.