S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Model-Specific Forums > 4x4 and ZR2

Old 09-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
sbiker21

Here are some pictures the previous owner took. I haven't had a chance to take any quality ones myself.

previous owner put in power leather blazer seats

2008 Suzuki SV650sf
1998 GMC Highrider zr2
sbiker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
FirstGensForeve
SyTy Speed Shop

Not a bad looking truck.
#0492 of 806 Built
Mothballed since 2003

1992 GMC Sonoma GT
#0003 of 806 Built
Daily Driver

2K Tahoe Limited
454/4L80e
Swap in Progress
FirstGensForeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
sbiker21

So I have finally begun working on the truck again after a fun filled semester of school. Going to be trying to figure out where exactly it is leaking around the transfer case in the next few days. I'm hoping it is just the Input seal from the transmission still. I'm ruling out the transmission at the moment since there is no fluid on it. I have also started pricing transfer cases online just in case I find a chunk of T/C missing. I have confirmed it is a NP233C based on the tag, and may also call around to some local junk yards before ordering online if possible. I'm also thinking the reason it won't go into 4wd is because the motor may be shorted out from being drowned in ATF.

After the T/C gets fixed it is onto the exhaust since it currently wont pass because the cat is hollowed out and never gets hot enough I guess, even after a 40 mile drive.

After the exhaust it is on to the leaking motor. The oil leak is not significant like the T/C but I still want it fixed. For the time being I will likely just change the gaskets and seals and begin saving up and buying the parts required for the eventual motor swap. I even considered buying a crate 4.3 from a local dealership or parts store and just use that and then keep it as a spare but I doubt I will go that route.

I will also say that looking at it everyday in my driveway makes me want to do something to it ASAP. Of late I have been mulling over ideas of painting wheels and other cosmetic items. Sad to think I have had it for 6 months and have put maybe 100 miles on it. Time to get the old point and shoot digital out and start taking pictures of the repairs. Wish me luck.

Scott
2008 Suzuki SV650sf
1998 GMC Highrider zr2
Old 01-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #14
sbiker21

Changed the seal on the transfer case input shaft over new years. Took about 4-6 hours to get it out. The next morning I changed the seal and purchased the gasket that goes between the transmission and transfer case. Took 4 hours to put it back in. Changed the u-joint on the front drive shaft and it sat for a week. When I finally got around to doing the u-joints for the rear drive shaft I discovered the ones I bought were wrong. After 4 tips to O'Reilly I got the correct u-joints. Previous owner changed the drive shaft to a Spicer brand. Filled it up Saturday and drove about 10 miles. Up next is replacing the catalytic converter so I can pass emissions. Ran fine other than the fact it still won't go into 4wd. Not sure if it is the motor or the board behind the dash. When I press the button you can hear the relay behind the dash click. The previous owner swears it is just a vacuum line issue.
2008 Suzuki SV650sf
1998 GMC Highrider zr2
Old 07-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #15
chevy42083
SSF Subscriber
H-A-S-T-E

Look at post #1433 here.... http://s-seriesforum.com/forum/showt...90#post1764690

Also, since Scott hasn't updated the thread, here's a couple pics of his ZR2, out of his driveway. It's a little more worn than when this thread started. Neglected in a driveway in this sun will do that :/

Oh, and that's my xterra with a 2in lift, before tires.

This pic doesn't have any lift.

4wd still doesn't work....

chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote