S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Members' Rides

Old 09-09-2017, 11:12 PM   #481
MPETE
SSF Subscriber*
ummm, WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post

I was truly in love with H1 and it hurt when I wrecked it. H2 was a hollow store mannequin to my high school sweetheart that smelled bad. Salty is that snaggled tooth crazy ***** that you want nothing to do with but drives you wild every time she looks your way and won't get out of your life. I know I belong wrapped up in an XL white jacket, but it's how I go day to day. I was just showing my dr pics of my engine yesterday if that gives you reference.

This reassured me that my pride and joy is still my S10. I love my F150, but in the end it's just a truck. If something were to happen to it, I would remove a few things, get a replacement and move on. The corvette has sentimental value because it was my late uncle's. But that's just it, it was his car, not mine. And as such it's not a big piece of me.
BUT
My S10, every time I drive it, I park it where I can see it. I turn and look back when I walk away. I have it as a background pic on my work computer and my laptop. And to top it all of I just enjoy driving it. If something were to happen to it I would be absolutely devastated and heartbroken. It is a part of the fam.
1992 Corvette LT1/auto --Slim
MPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #482
static low 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorM52 View Post
This is quite possibly the most appropriate and simultaneously hilarious quote on the forum.
Agreed

Also for honorable mention, is stock vehicles being predictable. Lots of truth to that.
-(Virgin vehicles are better in my opinion as they haven't had someone working on things, they may be wore out, but they're predictable)
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #483
6SpeedBlazer
SSF Subscriber
Partially retarded

Thats why i hunted so long for a stock tbss.
06 saturn ion
08 TBSS AWD
6SpeedBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #484
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Yea, this one definitely isn't a virgin. Was rode hard and put away wet by the first owner, then left to sit for years and not be dealt with, only to then be sent to "Big Al's discount therapy emporium" for a fix that has obviously still not gotten all the issues worked out. I've taken her in and loved her as much as I can, but I'm not sure I've got it in me to go all the way.

I cleaned it up real nice before driving down to Elizabethtown to test drive the Durango on Thursday (just before my last post). It still gets looks and compliments. I still turn around to look at it as I walk away. It's a damn sexy looking vehicle. The curves are nice, and the feeling from a good hard run is exceptional. But wow she's got some issues. This 100% reminds me of the motivational poster style meme of the hot chick in a bikini and underneath the picture it reads "No matter how hot she looks now, somebody, somewhere, is tired of dealing with her ****"......I think I might be that somebody!

Lined up a couple interviews for this week. Each one carries at least a 25% pay increase for similar work. One involves a longer commute (40mi one way ). I'm going to sit tight on the SS for a few weeks and see how this works out. I might need a cheap commuter which could ease the timeline and need on the SS. I might get a close job as well which might put me into something else. Who knows. Too many variables swirling around at the moment, so this one is going to get pushed back until some of this mess settles down.
2kwik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #485
HectorM52
SSF Subscriber*
18x8 & 18x10 Boost

Good luck, hope things go well.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #486
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorM52 View Post
Good luck, hope things go well.
One offer in hand. Expecting another this afternoon. A change is coming.

Lady hit me in the SS this morning though. VERY light damage to the SS, but still some damage. Looks like I get to work through that before I can sell it. Stupid BMW drivers!!

New scuff on the rear wheel and slight crease on the rear door. YAY

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0OOLzyF48kw3PVW93
2kwik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:37 AM   #487
6SpeedBlazer
SSF Subscriber
Partially retarded

super sucks.
06 saturn ion
08 TBSS AWD
6SpeedBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote