S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Engine Performance & Maintenance > Forced Induction & Nitrous

Old 02-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
12sws27

Aeromotive HP 340 in-tank fuel pumps.

Not sure where to put this thread. Could be useful to many no matter what power adder or engine they have in their s10 so i just put it here.

Aeromotive has made a intake fuel pump that is the same size and everything like the 255 walbro but flows more fuel.

Jegs has them for sell but they won't ship out until next month.

I got one though already It will fit in the fuel pump housing just like the walbro will.

This pump would be great for those that need for fuel then the 255 walbro can pump. It's over kill for me but I think my Walbro I recently bought was either defective or a knock off because it's giving my problems.

The Aeromotive pumps sell for around $150-170. Not to much more then the Walbros. I know a guy, that knows another guy, that knows a guy with a supply warehouse so i got mine for $100....So even though the pump is over kill for my power level it was the same I payed for a 255 walbro so i said what the hell. Plus....I don't want to get another knock off or defective walbro.

I seen some threads over on LS1tech where they were talking about this pump and aeromotive responded to that thread. So it might be worth finding it if you were interested in this pump.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/fuelin...tank-pump.html

Like I mentioned, I have one and right now it's sitting on my kitchen table. I got my camera out and I'm putting it in a used stock fuel pump housing I bought from ebay. I'll post pics later. It installs exactly like the walbro. So if you've done that swap, or seen a "how to", then you already know how to install this one.

I figued I'd make this thread and post pics so if anyone was interested but just needed that proof that it fits.
1998 GMC Jimmy, 2dr/2wd, 4.3L V-6/4L60E: , Wynjammer S/C @8psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen LSD, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, aeromotive stealth 340 in-tank pump, racetronix fuel pump wiring harness, AEM UEGO W/B A/F gauge, LS1 E-Fans, self tuned w/HPTuners, best 1/8th mile E.T. so far: 2.26 60' 9.55@73mph <<<6psi.
12sws27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
12sws27

Looks like the way the filter is on the Aeromotive pump I have to do the install just like I did with the Walbro. That means I won't be able to hook up the little black hose that keeps the bucket full of fuel. I'll just have to make sure I have over a 1/4 of a tank if I want to floor it.

While looking around the net I seen that Racetronics as a in-tank pump for the fbody guys that has the flex hose already connected and has the little brass nipple so it will hook up just like the factory pump and the bucket always stays full.

On this install I'm doing now I'm going to take awhile. I'm going to up grade all the wiring coming from the pump all the way up. I might buy one of those pump hotwire kits or make my own.

1998 GMC Jimmy, 2dr/2wd, 4.3L V-6/4L60E: , Wynjammer S/C @8psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen LSD, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, aeromotive stealth 340 in-tank pump, racetronix fuel pump wiring harness, AEM UEGO W/B A/F gauge, LS1 E-Fans, self tuned w/HPTuners, best 1/8th mile E.T. so far: 2.26 60' 9.55@73mph <<<6psi.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
Boosted Thrills
Subscribed Moderator
GALE WHO????

nice, i like that ALOT. one walbro is not ehough for me. im currently turning on a second pump at 5lbs. my tank is set up to run 3 walbros jsut incase i ever wanna get stupid with a V8 on E85.

if a pump in the truck or camaro ever fail you can bet ill be ordering some of those up
N/A 14.8@95mph, 2.3 60', 5,000rpm shifts
with boost 12.63@104.7mph, 1.76 60', 5,400rpm shifts VIDEO

POLY MOTOR MOUNT SALE, CLICK HERE!
ONLY 2 PAIR LEFT, THEN THEY ARE GONE FOR GOOD
Boosted Thrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
12sws27

If anyone is interested, I'm doing mine a lot like how this f-body guy did his walbro install, http://www.gonicd.com/intankinstall/...mpinstall.html

Here's a thread I made on another forum. When it's not so late I could make one over here if it'll help some one or give them ideas. http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26778

I'm going to uses one of racetronix hotwire kits to wire mine up. http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...=FPWK-017A&eq=