S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Member Projects

Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #791
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Yessir, just keeping my head down and getting stuff done. Work is busy, home life is busy w/ softball and fixing everyone's broken sh!t. Car fund is growing, big plans coming up, just have to commit to a decision and drop a chunk of change. Not sure how people are going to react to a pre-runner chevelle though. (/joke (including my life))

Still putting miles on it, yesterday was forecast for no rain, drove it in to work. Had a co-worker hit me up for lunch, don't think she's ever ridden in a car with any power. Blew her mind, she kept on telling me to race everyone so she could hear it.

Got in touch with newspaper about parade pictures, they're forwarding my request to the photographer, stay tuned.
64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:20 AM   #792
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Did forget to mention, stopped by a long time buddy's house trying to talk him into wrenching on his dad's 66 nova ss. He told me to lay it out when I left, so pulled out, started out in first, then double clutched second and hung on for as long as I could. Hitting the yellow line threw the ass end out, going that fast, and hanging that far out coming into a curve was sketchy as hell so I slowly lifted till it straightened out. Was about 3/4 of the way through 2nd, so around 50 mph or so. The 205s are stickier and along w/ the updated rear suspension components I can get really good bite when rolling through the gears, but will still boil the damn things off if I'm not dialed in.

Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton

Last edited by Hotwire; 06-13-2019 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #793
static low 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Did forget to mention, stopped by a long time buddy's house trying to talk him into wrenching on his dad's 66 nova ss. He told me to lay it out when I left, so pulled out, started out in first, then double clutched second and hung on for as long as I could. Hitting the yellow line threw the ass end out, going that fast, and hanging that far out coming into a curve was sketchy as hell so I slowly lifted till it straightened out. Was about 3/4 of the way through 2nd, so around 50 mph or so. The 205s are stickier and along w/ the updated rear suspension components I can get really good bite when rolling through the gears, but will still boil the damn things off if I'm not dialed in.

So, safe to say your not winning any dig races?? lol #rolllyfe

I got a dude I play volleyball with on Tues night that has a 5.7 GTO cam/headers car T56. I wanted to see what I could do against. We did a dig right in front of the bar... lol Needless to say I've never spun more in my life, so bad that car actually shifted into second spinning. No recovering from that. I suppose these date code 03 hard tires that have had significant burnouts lately aren't my choice for digs either.
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #794
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

It will honestly get off the line and hold the gears now, your lower control arms and the 300 treadwear made this thing a lot more fun at lights, but a lot less scarier to passengers. Should be drying up this weekend, I'll see if I can get a video out in the cornfields to show the difference.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 06-17-2019, 06:42 AM   #795
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Was out and about for father's day yesterday. Daughter and I have been trying to find hidden murals in downtown for a WHILE. Yesterday somehow we luckily stumbled upon it, we had both studied the type of brick/mortar/structure the murals were on and caught a glimpse of the roof top of the building, was fun. It was a tribute to Billie Eillish, have no idea who that is or what it's about but, wemmens were happy, which equals easy living.

After that we came home and saw our neighbor was getting her food truck painted. Pulled up, the "artists" fell in love with salty, had to take them for a ride, brought them back, then neighbor's daughter wanted to go as well. Came back and was able to get a shot as the sun was setting, pretty cool work so far.

Thank you again to lit photo app for pixelating the hell out of the pics.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton