Old 05-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Rhino
Administrator
No S-10 but still a chevy

Ms150....

I'm DEBATING about entering... [nervous]

lol.....

It runs here September 11th and 12th...

I've already talked to a few people about it... I'd be one of the biggest riders... so THAT doesn't make me feel good... we'll see...
Old 05-15-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
akty
Administrator
The same just old :)

What an accomplishment that would be. Pete and I volunteered at an event last weekend called the Clean Air Challenge (for Alaska Lung Association) which is a little less - 120 miles over a 2 day trip. It's far from flat riding - up and down most of the 60 miles stretch. Bikers for that event range from novice to very competative and ranged from rail thin to not. Basically, honey, who cares where you fit in the crowd. To accomplish even half the event is a huge.

Got $50 for you if you do it.

~ Support S.SeriesForum.com!! Subscribe here.

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. It's not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'
- Ronald Reagan
akty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Teeleton
Administrator
Righty tighty

dooo eet!! You've got the drive to train for it, but you're going to need to start riding for longer distances, and probably even get some hills in. There's usually a series of recommended rides that you can do, but that can get expensive at $20-$25/ride. Several teams will have their own training series that you can pay a single fee for a whole series of rides. Plus, there's lots of other benefits to being on a team. You might have to ask around to find out what teams are open to new riders and what the cost to join is. Most teams also have a jersey that you'll get as well. My team is $75 for non-employees, and then $100 for the training series (12 supported rides). Note that you still have to register for the actual MS150 (which for the BPMS150 is another $100), as well as raise at least $400.

Of course, you could always get the list of recommended rides (which are open to anyone), and do a few of those to see where you are, and plan on commiting to it next year.

Teeleton
Teeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:52 AM   #4
Rhino
Administrator
No S-10 but still a chevy

well I've found a few different routes...

1. 28.9 mile route (my house to the arch and back) which I've already done... with a sad time of right at 3 hours... but a crap ton of hills..
2. 55 mile route, my house, to around south st louis, and back
3. 100+ mile route, my house, past the STL airport, and back..

I'm gonna work my way up to number 3... and probably have a few planned stops... and people I can call if need be...

none of these routes are flat by any means... all have plenty of hills and elevation changes...