S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > General Non S-Series Stuff > Fitness/Weightloss

Old 08-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #11
Rhino
Administrator
No S-10 but still a chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordie View Post
wait.. you joined a Gym "connected" to a bar? I see no good that could come of this...
Yeah... lol that CAN'T be good.. lol

Although I can only really think of ONE stand alone gym by me.... and it's a little too far....

Hell mine's right next to a pizza buffet, a McD's, a place called Tilted Kilt (bar/pub food)..... Steak N Shake.... Denny's.... are all within a very small stones throw from my gym...
Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #12
chevy42083
SSF Subscriber
H-A-S-T-E

mmmm Tilted Kilt... very good

chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
jchargu3
SSF Subscriber*
PM Me for Decoder Ring!!!

I wont go into this bar... TOo much cigarette smoke, it's one of the few bars in the area that don't serve food, which means they can have as much smoking as they want...

However, there is a liqour store in the same plaza

Then of course Toxic Hell and McYuck, but **** those places

Spent two hours in the GYM today, feels good man!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #14
akty
Administrator
The same just old :)

YAY JON!

The gym we belong to is a 24/7 gym as well. You'd choke on a celery stick if you knew what we paid monthly, because it's a freakin monopoly here. A new place just opened, but there are no big chains like Bally's or the 24Hr Fitness here - just local businesses. I like the 24/7 though - even though unmanned except a few hours during the day, it's a clean and well maintained gym.

In any case, as I've told Rhino, he will NOT be smaller than me - that's my motivation. Eating habits and water intake afforded 20+ pounds plus lighter since April, but it's where it's stayed (off) since coming back from Mexico - I got off any type of routine and need to get back into habits again. I was limited to physical exercise due to some spine issues, which are now in check. I should be able to get on here and share successes soon

~ Support S.SeriesForum.com!! Subscribe here.

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. It's not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'
- Ronald Reagan
akty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #15
jchargu3
SSF Subscriber*

OK So this is my BASELINE Thread

This morning Scale reading of 235.0 on the dot, all 4 times (yeah did 4 to be sure).

My current plan, which the trainer there agreed with and was impressed I went in with a plan: Due to right arm muscular atrophy from the motorcycle accident the main focus is getting its strength built up over the next two weeks. While doing cardio for weight.

1. 10 minutes of cardio to warm up, treadmill or eliptic
2. 5 lb freeweights to warm up arms, and rotator on right.
3. 10 lb 3x15 right side "hitler extension" (straight out from your side to in front of you)
4. 10 lb 3x15 right side "wing" (straight up from your side to form a flat line from shoulder)
5. 10 lb 3x15 right side "lawnmower" (do a lawn mower motion)
6. 15 lb 3x15 both side tricept press
7. 15 lb 3x15 both side chest press
8. 15 lb 3x15 both side bicept curl
9. 15lb 3x15 both side shoulder press
10. 15lb 3x15 both side pec fly
11. 15 lb 3x15 row/rear delt
12. 15lb 3x15 tricept pulldown
13. 25lb 3x20 bench
14. 50 lb 3x20 leg curl
15. 50 lb 3x20 leg extension
16. 50 lb 3x20 leg press
17. 50 lb 3x20 calfs
18. 50lb 3x20 glutes (yeah work the ass!)
19. 50lb 3x20 hip abduction
20. 50lb 3x20 hip adduction

Thats all just the start, theres much more I do, but I don't really know how to explain the others lol

Then last night, i did 30mins of cardio on eliptical and then went back and did 10 lbs for the all the arm circuits and 30 for the legs to "cool off"

I used to do this in HS and it ate the fat away really quickly and toned me quickly...

This is just a 1-2 week warmup sequence then i'll start adding 10lbs, go for a week or two, add another ten, and gradually increase until i'm at a comfortable level.

As far as cardio. 10 minute warm up, 30 minute final will go to 10 minute warmup, 1 hour final.

I always do cardio at the start and beginning to each day in the gym

On "off" days I'll do cardio in my pool by swimming laps, or going and hit the elyptical for an hour and a half.

I consider myself fat, granted I have been bigger, and could be bigger, but I'm tired of it and even if I lost only 30 lbs and kept that off, I would be highly happy

So here are side view

and face view, The babyface chubby cheeks lol, I actually have a hard time wearing a helmet with a non padded chin strap because when I have my head straight, my skin under my jaw folds onto my helmet strap and irritates it

I may not go to the gym today, btu I probably will suck up the pain and go, I just started getting a migraine attack about an hour ago and it's KILLING ME!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
jasdawg1982
SSF Subscriber*
U-S-F

this one is going to be a fun one to watch! the six pack will rise again!
1993 Typhoon #1160
2008 Dodge Magnum AWD SXT
2013 Ford Flex SE (Wife's Car)

Facebook Page
jasdawg1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #17
jchargu3
SSF Subscriber*

been a looooong time since I've seen even the outlines

I'm looking for most muscular toning/conditioning before I get into strength and molding into something

I dont want a super muscular body, but I do want to be somewhat like I used to be, before I get to old to maintain it! (aka, married, kids, house, pets, etc of my own lol)

2.5 hours in the gym today, there isnt a muscle that didn't get worked except my toes and finger tips.
however, I only did 45 minutes of cardio tomorrow is Cardio/legs only, no arms at ALL. Gotta give a day to rest
I used to do 2 on one off, and had great results.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #18
akty
Administrator
The same just old :)

So that side profile - I was distracted with what looked to be your big shiny pony tail

Good work out. My pittance is put to shame.

~ Support S.SeriesForum.com!! Subscribe here.

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. It's not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'
- Ronald Reagan
akty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
jchargu3
SSF Subscriber*

LMFAO didnt notice the vacuum hose lol

wait, no.. I'm signed into the matrix
Old 08-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #20
jchargu3
SSF Subscriber*

4 days in - I'm feeling GREAT

Tomorrow, I have to be UP at 5:30am, it's now 12am... for a long 8-9 hours in the sun at the Motorcycle Range.. Which usually wears me the FLOCK out...

I usually go to bed at 10:30-11 on friday and saturday nights when I teahc..

However, I also go to the gym at 9:30.... I couldn't bring myself to alter my schedule much.. I shaved a half hour off by skipping a few of the weight sets, but doubled my cardio time on the eliptical.

I usually nap as soon as I get home after teaching, not this time, i'm doing gym time mid-day right after work, since i'll already be sweaty and warmed up from all the walking for the day..

Feels good man

Oh and instead of sticking with 15 lbs for 2 weeks oin my arms, i'm adding 5 lbs tuesday. 15 lbs has become like lifting a feather, i do my sets/reps and have NO feeling from it.. No ache, no nothing.. That doesn't mean nothing is happening, it just means that another 3-4 days of it and its time to add.

I can already feel a tiny difference in how clothing fits... Im excited