S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > General Non S-Series Stuff > Fitness/Weightloss

Old 07-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
jasdawg1982
SSF Subscriber*
U-S-F

I'm going to start one of these

I really didn't want to hijack someone elses weight loss thread so I figured I would make my own to let you guys know how I am doing. I started watching/counting calories with the help of my iPod. I downloaded an app called "Lose It" and you put in your height, weight, age, gender, target weight and your goal (.5 lb per week, 1 lb per week, etc.) and it will give you a calorie budget and then you add in the nutrition info of the food that you eat and if tells you how close you are to your budget, so it kind of makes it like a game to see how well you can do from day to day.
I started Wednesday June 24th at 323.8 lbs with a target weight of 240 lbs.
As of Sunday July 5th I am 312.6 lbs. On top of the watching what I eat I started walking/jogging with the wife and dogs around our neighborhood. Want to get into a gym soon as well.

Thanks for caring

Here is the latest picture I have of myself

Here we go...
1993 Typhoon #1160
2008 Dodge Magnum AWD SXT
2013 Ford Flex SE (Wife's Car)

Facebook Page
jasdawg1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
SonomaZ
Site Sponsor
Red, it's the new red.

Good luck man, stick to it!
Quite a few weight success stories in here, you can do it too.
'03 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura, 2-wheeled Italian mistress

---> Jimmy update pics will go here!! <---
SonomaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
jasdawg1982
SSF Subscriber*
U-S-F

small quick update: weighed myself around the 12th and saw a 309.6 on the scale and weighed this morning and the scale read 311. I have a couple of weights that I started using so hopefully that gain is from a little muscle. I have been consistently consuming around 1500 calories for a day and switched from chips at lunch to grapes or bananas, and eating a salad with a little bit of some sort of light dressing with dinner. The wife and I still walk/jog with the dogs and I am starting to actually feel better even if I gained about a pound. It was kind of weird how my body adjusted so quickly, I thought I would be going crazy by now from absolute hunger but I get hungry right before lunch and dinner so it has worked out great. I am thinking about starting to pack some fruit or veggies to snack on between meals to keep my metabolism going. Right now I am eating 3 meals a day and breakfast is usually pretty small. We will see what the future brings
1993 Typhoon #1160

Facebook Page
Old 07-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
Rhino
Administrator
No S-10 but still a chevy

Good luck man.... it's an awesome feeling once stuff starts rolling....
Old 07-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
cartman007
Administrator
I miss my Syclone :(

Nice Ty in the pic too!

I have lose it on my iphone, it is a good start to track your progress and keep yourself in check. Another good app I used everyday at the gym is called ifitness. It has hundreds of exercises including a weight loss program, pics, step by step instructions on how to do execises/routines. It tracks and graphs all your workouts, weight, BMI, etc. I love that program, it makes me try harder at the gym to increase my reps/weight so I can see progress.

Either way, like a few others here on SSF, I was upto 270 about 8-9 years ago, started dieting and exercising and I lost the weight in less than 6 months and have kept it off, now I hover around 190-200 (which is great for my height/frame).

You can do it, don't give up, and don't be afraid to 'treat yourself' once in a while as a reward for hard work! Good luck!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss
Support your habit....Click me
cartman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
jchargu3
SSF Subscriber*
PM Me for Decoder Ring!!!

J if you look at me in that pic and when I was at your house, I was at 242 that morning.

I think its a great goal!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
navybrat02
SSF Subscriber*
I NEED MONEY

good luck man!! i get a great workout everyday at work... haha working construction in the hot texas weather climbing up and down ladders and 3 flights of stairs all day and with no a/c up there i am dropping too...

keep up the hard work! it's tiring but in the end it will be well worth it!!
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
navybrat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
bigjsp

I stopping getting on the scales cause I didn't want to pin them at 350. MAde my mind up and dropped a bunch. gains some back when I just went on insulin but I'm starting to work it off.
bigjsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #9
jasdawg1982
SSF Subscriber*
U-S-F

Thanks everyone...I'm still doing well and I actually feel really good lately
1993 Typhoon #1160

Facebook Page
Old 07-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #10
jasdawg1982
SSF Subscriber*
U-S-F

hopped on the scale this morning to a 302 reading . It will 5 weeks since I started this coming Wednesday and I have lost 21.8 pounds. It's amazing what eating better and a little exercise will do. Almost to my first milestone to be under 300. I don't even remember the last time I was under 300, probably around high school age or somewhere in there. Stay tuned
1993 Typhoon #1160

Facebook Page