S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Member Projects

Old 06-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #551
static low 92

Im actually impressed with how it looks clean.

Almost looks to have a fairly nice shine, im sure a detail/cut will really improve it.
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #552
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by static low 92 View Post
Im actually impressed with how it looks clean.

Almost looks to have a fairly nice shine, im sure a detail/cut will really improve it.
It isn't really bad, someone blocked it and buffed it out before I got it. The paint is for the most part straight and decent looking, but whoever buffed it had no right holding a buffer. It's definitely a good 60 footer.

Drove it in this morning, been a constant stream of people coming by to talk about it.

Going to cars and coffee Saturday morning, daughter's boyfriend asked if I would go, and asked if he could ride shotgun.
64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #553
static low 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
It isn't really bad, someone blocked it and buffed it out before I got it. The paint is for the most part straight and decent looking, but whoever buffed it had no right holding a buffer. It's definitely a good 60 footer.

Drove it in this morning, been a constant stream of people coming by to talk about it.

Going to cars and coffee Saturday morning, daughter's boyfriend asked if I would go, and asked if he could ride shotgun.
That's cool, now your getting back into enjoyable part of owning an old car.

Isn't it crazy how much attention it gets? I remember when I bought that POS black 65 hardtop, and I got thumbs up and comments ALL the time. Way more than my S10, that I have 18 yrs of time into and clearly is much much nicer.

People in general just have a universal respect for old cars. And its cool
Old 06-14-2018, 06:38 AM   #554
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Thanks man, it really is bringing to light all the time and money I put into this. It's nice to be able to just drive it, all though I'm still on pins and needles every time, just can't really relax in it just yet.

The car gets a lot of attention. My daughter even mentioned she liked how people look when we go by. I'm so pent up paying attention to the sounds, gauges, and smells I don't notice, but I did get a honk and thumbs up yesterday at lunch.

Speaking of attention.. first time I've seen this on my road, lived here 35 years. Although they did open up the bypass and people are cutting down our road as it leads right to it. Have had people flying by recently.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, here's what I was talking about earlier, the dashed marks. Tires are filled to 35 psi but still seems like they're only leaving outside edges, plus the dashed. This was rolling into first gear after I straightened up.

and second, can't really see third. Think now that I'm into fresh rubber the tires are sticking a little better. Can't wait to rotate them.

Think I'm fighting a vacuum leak somewhere. When cold the car will fire up and idle as sweet as can be, but once up to temp I cannot get it to idle at all. The afrs go full lean, full rich, try to even out, car dies, it's getting old. I thought I'd forgotten to tighten up the TB when I installed the intake, checked this morning, it's tight. Only other thing that has me wondering is the vacuum ..nipple? on the back of the intake. It protrudes out farther than anything on the truck intake and comes into contact w/ my firewall grommet, wondering if it's pulling air in through there. Going to compare hot / cold idle datalog vs truck intake just to see if I can see anything stupidly obvious.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton

Last edited by Hotwire; 06-18-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #555
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Daughter's boyfriend asked me to go to Cars N Coffee Saturday, then asked if he could ride shotgun. Was still fighting the idle issue but didn't think it'd be too embarrassing to die 4 times while trying to get into a parking space in front of a hundred strangers...

On the way there we saw 2 mustangs at the same intersection, I got the green, turned right and pulled a tool move, hit second and hung it sideways all the way through. After that, the idle issue went away. Not sure if I'd gotten cleaner into the TB or water/soap from washing the engine bay, either way I'm ecstatic it comes to a stop running.

Had an old guy with a wooden stool going around taking pictures of everyone's car, he'd drop the stool, stand on it, and get a good angle on each and every car. Luckily I was there when he came by and thanked him for snapping a couple of my turd. He handed me his card, said he enjoyed doing it and to get the pics for free. Hell yea!

Daughter's boyfriend is an amsoil dealer now, had to put some cards out, I'll be running it soon.

This was as the show was winding down, we were waiting for the line to die down before we headed out. I still need to cut the front springs down and get the trim on, and paint the interior, etc. Family items have taken priority for the time being, I'll get to it soon.

Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 06-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #556
TerribleTrux
Love,Peace&Chicken Grease

Great pictures!
99' S-10 Summer driver, 4.3, Auto, Xtreme rims. Thred
TerribleTrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:14 AM   #557
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTrux View Post
Great pictures!
Thank ya sir! Think I'm going to try and hit test and tune Thursday night, June 28.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton

Last edited by Hotwire; 06-19-2018 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:41 PM   #558
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Think I'm ready to try and beat all my other times, just need traction now. I honestly thought the speedo was off in the vid, didn't think I'd gotten that fast. Went back and did the math, rpm matches speed.

https://youtu.be/Q6ic8GV-eIY
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 06-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #559
TECH
SSF Subscriber
Accent, what accent

F'in NICE!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, alcohol drink in the other… your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"
TECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #560
static low 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Thank ya sir! Think I'm going to try and hit test and tune Thursday night, June 28.
You gonna go with current wheels/tires?

seems like a struggle that you might just wait until have some decent stick on her