S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Model-Specific Forums > Third Gen Members

Old 06-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
stlxtreme1
ATHF > *

need help asap...

anyone know the pulling capacity of a 2002 trailblazer 4wd with the 4.2 v6? need to pull a uhaul trailer... thanks!!

BLAZER FOR SALE...
stlxtreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

You'll be fine pulling any of the U-Haul enclosed trailers with that I-6. I WOULD NOT tow a car with a U-Haul trailer. EVER. PERIOD. Those trailer are junk, and are designed so you can't strap the car down without overloading the tongue weight on the tow vehicle. Also, be prepared to have problems with the surge brakes on the U-Haul trailers. BEFORE you leave the lot, make sure you can back the trailer up with out having the brakes lock up on you. Those brakes should have a lockout pin to keep them from actuating in reverse. If they don't have it, get another trailer that does. You don't want to get stuck trying to back up a hill, and not being able to disengage the brakes.
Good article on how surge brakes work

How Towing Charts Work
There's a nice write up on how to read the numbers that you'll find listed on most charts. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that your capacity is limited by the lowest rated component. If your hitch is rated to 5,000lbs and your truck and the rest of the components are rated to 6,000lbs.....your max capacity is 5,000 lbs. Lowest common denominator rules there.

Overall capacity depends on your gear ratio per GM. Should be listed in your owners manual as to what the actual capacity is. I'm going to guess around 5,400lbs or so, but double check me with your manual to be certain.
2kwik4u is offline   Reply With Quote