Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Member Projects

Old 01-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #401
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by static low 92 View Post
I was thinking that had to be the case. Carry on lol
It's a 2 sided board, it's going to require a lot of planning to get it right, had to think about the lighting, connections, etc.

For the time being I think I'm either just going to strap the gauges to the dash supports or do the plexiglass thing I was going to do with the digital gauges and mount the gauges on the backside of it. Just happy to have a cheap solution for gauges without having to get extra sending units or anything like that. Only thing I'll have to get is 240-33 ohm gas tank sender.
64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:35 PM   #402
MPETE
SSF Subscriber*
ummm, WHAT?

not sure if I asked this before, but Jeff, why are your pics sooooo biiiiig now? assuming its because of the photobucket change, but is there anyway for me to rectify it? the pics are bigger than my laptop monitor and I cant see them without clicking them which takes me to your photobucket library.
1992 Corvette LT1/auto --Slim
MPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:25 PM   #403
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

You've asked before, I have no answer for ya. I'm not doing anything different than I've done in the past 4 years, just upload the pic, select the html link, paste it while typing my novel. I haven't had anyone else ask about it.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 01-31-2018, 04:35 PM   #404
static low 92

pics are perfect size for me on a desktop.

When I started using flickr, I had posted a few that were giant. and found the size option to adjust it. Now it defaults to size I selected.
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #405
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

No real news to report, stripped wiring harness off engine Monday, pulled headers, and prepped for yanking it out one last time. While I was pulling the harness I noticed a little detail that escaped me before. facepalm.

Worked on brother's truck Tuesday night. Last night I got back out in the garage, all set to measure driveshaft length so I could get it cut while doing everything else. Hard no. Blazer driveshaft I have won't work. Has harmonic balancer on yoke, it hits the t56 before the yoke is halfway in the trans. I was hesitant to use it because it'd gone rusty in the shed, used some type of rust away liquid, it worked, but yoke wasn't smooth afterwards. I can use the 64 yoke, BUT, it's been widdled away over the years and isn't very tight in the trans, plus it has the smaller u-joint. SO, I've got to go to the yard again to find a yoke or just buy a new one. Yard is $12 for driveshaft, new one is $57. dammit.

Noticed I'd gotten metal/grinding material in trans output when it was tucked under the car, so I have to drop the rear casing, clean it out, then put it back together. Going to replace rear bushing and seal while it's apart. Have to add washers to shifter centering springs, shifter will sit to one side or another and not center, think PO cut springs down for some reason. Got trans down, slave off, and installed remote bleeder and AN line for clutch master. Engine is coming out tonight, cutting firewall for tahoe grommet and adding holes for trans bolts. I'd rather have covered holes in the firewall than missing bolts in the bellhousing with as much abuse as this car is going to get. While it's out going to mate engine/trans, smooth/groom wiring harness some more, and try to get factory fuel lines to fit tighter to trans. After that, it's going all back in for final assembly.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 02-01-2018, 08:07 AM   #406
static low 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Engine is coming out tonight, cutting firewall for tahoe grommet and adding holes for trans bolts. I'd rather have covered holes in the firewall than missing bolts in the bellhousing with as much abuse as this car is going to get. While it's out going to mate engine/trans, smooth/groom wiring harness some more, and try to get factory fuel lines to fit tighter to trans. After that, it's going all back in for final assembly.
Dang, I figured it was sitting in for last time already. Bummer.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #407
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by static low 92 View Post
Dang, I figured it was sitting in for last time already. Bummer.
It won't be out long, trust me. Just enough to mock up the fuel lines out of the car, get the wires exactly the way I want them up the trans and around the back of the intake, then it's going back in. I'm wrestling w/ keeping the tahoe fuel lines as they're not ideal for the now tight trans tunnel, but I also don't want to add more connections/rubber hose to the lines.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 02-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #408
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Engine is out, installed the clutch while the engine was on the hoist, glad I did. Dowel pins were not correct for the pressure plate so I had to drop the flywheel and knock them out. Also didn't have the clutch 100% lined up, would have been a complete bear under the car w/ the tight tunnel..

Was worried about the reverse light switch harness rubbing on the trans tunnel, found fords were running a low profile switch w/ extended harness, so motorcraft parts added to the chinese list..

Love this look.. kinda want to buy a black coated AN line for the bleeder to match the feed line, but that's money that'll go elsewhere.

I'm concerned at how much I'm looking forward to doing this? Will be grooming the harness to get all the wires sitting cleanly then will feed everything through the grommet, will be much easier sitting there. Also have my cutouts and 02 harnesses there so I remember to run them. Only thing I don't have ready is alt charging wire and starter cable.

Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 02-03-2018, 10:27 PM   #409
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Stopped by hazard fraught during lunch today and grabbed an air nibbler, damn thing got the job done pretty quick.

3.25" hole

Then got to grooming the wiring harness, think it came out decent. Left service loops in it and made gradual bends between engine and firewall to relieve any mechanical stress.

Starting out

Ending for the night

Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 02-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #410
static low 92

How come you didn't just use a hole saw?

Wiring looks like it coming together nice tho