S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Engine Performance & Maintenance > 4-cyl Performance

Old 03-18-2003, 11:22 AM   #31
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Re: swich

Quote:
Originally posted by minigreens1099
if you make it! they will buy!

if you make it and it works let me know
Really just a simple switch wired in series with the VSS (either side) would work fine....Just something to cut the signal when you want to drive fast, and then you could flip it back when you slow down.
2kwik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #32
Otto
SSF Subscriber*
turns = fun

Re: Re: switch

Quote:
Originally posted by 2kwik4u

not that I am aware of, although I have thought of making some sort of electrical "calmping" device similar to the FCD device that the RX-7's use....it will let the voltage rise to a given point and then "clamp" it there and not let it rise any further, although I am not exactly sure this will work since I think the VSS is a "pulse" type sensor (similar to the Cam and crank position sensors!
my friend has been trying to kill that FCD on his 88 turbo II for a while now, just cant back it off enough to not hit it

-Otto FOR MOD!
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:54 PM   #33
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Re: Re: Re: switch

Quote:
Originally posted by Otto

my friend has been trying to kill that FCD on his 88 turbo II for a while now, just cant back it off enough to not hit it
He has a FCD and is still hitting Fuel Cut?!?!? Time to get a new FCD for sure....Something there is just not right...spend the $55 to get a new one! Rotaries no likey fuel cut, they only cut fuel to one rotor making it VERY VERY LEAN making motor go boom
Old 03-18-2003, 03:26 PM   #34
Otto
SSF Subscriber*
turns = fun

yea he made one, hes a engineer, havent talked to him since last week maybe its fixed by now, but he upped the boost by like 2lbs

-Otto FOR MOD!
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #35
13siegs

Another point on removing the plug and your odometer not working, ISN'T THAT FRAUD!!!! AND YOU CAN ALSO GO TO JAIL FOR THAT. What a dumb idea.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:18 PM   #36
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 13siegs
Another point on removing the plug and your odometer not working, ISN'T THAT FRAUD!!!! AND YOU CAN ALSO GO TO JAIL FOR THAT. What a dumb idea.
Only if you mis represent it....I have changed my odometer, but I wrote down the milage when taken out and the new milage when installed and when I go to sell it I have every intention of telling the buyer exactly what I did. This would not be fraud, there is actually a place on titles tomark Milage differences....Decreases the value of the truck,but is not illegal
Old 07-31-2003, 08:21 PM   #37
bracks2002

Ok correct me if i'm wrong, but if you unplug the odometer, then you wont be keeping track of the true mileage, so then when you sell or trade i the truck unless you tell them that fraud, also i heard before the true mileage is kept in the computer so if they dont match then what???? not trying to be mr right or anything but just think about that too!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:32 AM   #38
95 lows-10 ri

I did this a couple years ago. rarely use it unless i go to the track, or someone's pissing me off on the hwy. - I don't know about you guys, but I got about 198,3xx miles on my truck and its a 95 I don't think it makes much of a difference unless the truck is brand new and u only have like 1000 miles when u unplug it and don't plug it back in for a few years. - Besides, I don't think theres any law that states that u can't move the mileage forward if u decide to sell it - kelley blue book and NADA will tell you what the average amount of miles should be on your truck at a given age of the vehicle. Btw, if u do this mod and make it switchable, when driving past the governor, if ur ready to slow down, hit the switch back on, the speedo with fly up to the speed ur really going... you will be able to tell how fast u wur going for a split second... even if u can't read it (I just measured where the "110, 115, 120, 125, and 130" should be and marked em) I hit right around 125 once....
95 lows-10 ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:44 PM   #39
Park Style
Subscribed Moderator
OLD SKOOL :SSF:

wont this screw with teh odometer and the whole not legal part of driving mileage onto it without clocking it
1993 Chevy S-10 Ext Cab 4X4 Project: A Good Run Of Bad Luck- UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

R.I.P. David "Loenuff" Swanson 11/20/66 - 11/05/07
R.I.P. Jason "Tool" Morris 04/24/83 - 06/26/08
Park Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:16 PM   #40
green97s
It wasn't me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Style
wont this screw with teh odometer and the whole not legal part of driving mileage onto it without clocking it
Hence we dont tell anyone that this "may" have been done to the truck at some point. Besides im sure this was explained purely for "off road" use and not in order to bring about any legal issues.