S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > General Non S-Series Stuff > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
bluex
SSF Subscriber*
Someday????
 
bluex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 4,199
Power tour 2k18

Anyone on here going? It basically makes a circle around where I live an ends less than 2 hrs from home. If I'm ever going to do it this is the year. Several of us from our local club are discussing it now.

I have the sniper efi setup and parts coming in now to get ready for it. My carb set up is ok but I think it could run better. I've wanted FI on the C10 for a while an this was as good a reason as any. After Run to the Sun in March I'll try an add a/c too I guess.
__________________
Paul

'98 Silverado Z71 ECSB 5.7L/4L60E/3.73's-sold

'02 Suburban 5.3L/4L60E/3.73's -crashed

'78 GMC Serria 1500 361/NV3500/3.73

'00 Indigo Blue Xtreme 262/4L60E/3.42--SOLD
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
static low 92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Granite City, Illinois
Posts: 2,857
Looks like a cool route. Sort of out of the "ordinary" North/South ive seen last 10 yr

I scratched a longhaul of my bucket list last yr because it was close to my house, and most likely won't do another until I have a job that I have more vacation time.

But if you haven't done one, I highly recommend it.
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #3
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Summerfield, NC
Posts: 11,529
I've got 40 hrs of vaca transferring to next year, I'll have plenty of time. Think Adam, Rick, and I are starting to plan it. Just have to get my junk together..
__________________
•Jeff•
00 ZR2 Extended cab (8BenZR2/Angus), 4wd, Beater Extraordinaire
98 Habanero 2, 5.3L L33 V8 swap Click for project SOLD
64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #4
bluex
SSF Subscriber*
Someday????
 
bluex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
I've got 40 hrs of vaca transferring to next year, I'll have plenty of time. Think Adam, Rick, and I are starting to plan it. Just have to get my junk together..
Coo,l hopefully we can catch up with each other at some point...
__________________
Paul

'98 Silverado Z71 ECSB 5.7L/4L60E/3.73's-sold

'02 Suburban 5.3L/4L60E/3.73's -crashed

'78 GMC Serria 1500 361/NV3500/3.73

'00 Indigo Blue Xtreme 262/4L60E/3.42--SOLD
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
bluex
SSF Subscriber*
Someday????
 
bluex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by static low 92 View Post
Looks like a cool route. Sort of out of the "ordinary" North/South ive seen last 10 yr

I scratched a longhaul of my bucket list last yr because it was close to my house, and most likely won't do another until I have a job that I have more vacation time.

But if you haven't done one, I highly recommend it.
It is kinda weird compared to their usual route. However it works in my favor so I won't complain.
__________________
Paul

'98 Silverado Z71 ECSB 5.7L/4L60E/3.73's-sold

'02 Suburban 5.3L/4L60E/3.73's -crashed

'78 GMC Serria 1500 361/NV3500/3.73

'00 Indigo Blue Xtreme 262/4L60E/3.42--SOLD
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Summerfield, NC
Posts: 11,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
Coo,l hopefully we can catch up with each other at some point...
No doubt, last time was at Bob's yelling at mailman and zexel install.
__________________
•Jeff•
00 ZR2 Extended cab (8BenZR2/Angus), 4wd, Beater Extraordinaire
98 Habanero 2, 5.3L L33 V8 swap Click for project SOLD
64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
Avewhtboy
SSF Subscriber*
1986 Extended cab LT1/4L6
 
Avewhtboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
Anyone on here going? It basically makes a circle around where I live an ends less than 2 hrs from home. If I'm ever going to do it this is the year. Several of us from our local club are discussing it now.

I have the sniper efi setup and parts coming in now to get ready for it. My carb set up is ok but I think it could run better. I've wanted FI on the C10 for a while an this was as good a reason as any. After Run to the Sun in March I'll try an add a/c too I guess.
Adam, Jeff and I talked about Power tour recently, We definitely need to make an attempt to do as much of it as possible this year it's so close!


and BTW I just installed a Holley Sniper EFI on my Vega and it really woke up the car! If you need any help getting it going let me know.

Rick aka avewhtboy
Avewhtboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:45 PM   #8
bluex
SSF Subscriber*
Someday????
 
bluex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 4,199
Thanks Rick I hope to get started on it set new years. Did you do just the sniper or timing control to? My dual sync came this week so I have everything now except time (as usual)
__________________
Paul

'98 Silverado Z71 ECSB 5.7L/4L60E/3.73's-sold

'02 Suburban 5.3L/4L60E/3.73's -crashed

'78 GMC Serria 1500 361/NV3500/3.73

'00 Indigo Blue Xtreme 262/4L60E/3.42--SOLD
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
Avewhtboy
SSF Subscriber*
1986 Extended cab LT1/4L6
 
Avewhtboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
Thanks Rick I hope to get started on it set new years. Did you do just the sniper or timing control to? My dual sync came this week so I have everything now except time (as usual)
I just installed the Sniper EFI to combat vapor lock problems from running a carburetor.

I read about a lot of issues with the Sniper controlling timing. All information I came across said install FI first and get it running before swapping out the distributor.
Avewhtboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #10
bluex
SSF Subscriber*
Someday????
 
bluex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avewhtboy View Post
I just installed the Sniper EFI to combat vapor lock problems from running a carburetor.

I read about a lot of issues with the Sniper controlling timing. All information I came across said install FI first and get it running before swapping out the distributor.

Ya that's my plan an what Holley recommends as well. From what I've seen out there most of the timing issues seem to come from trying to use a magnetic trigger distributor like a MSD. They seem to cause a lot of rfi issues. I have a standard hei now so I needed a new one for timing control anyhow so I just went with the dual sync an since it was on sale it wasn't really that much more.

I'm going tomorrow to have the O2 bung welded in an hope to start the install of the fuel side next week.
__________________
Paul

'98 Silverado Z71 ECSB 5.7L/4L60E/3.73's-sold

'02 Suburban 5.3L/4L60E/3.73's -crashed

'78 GMC Serria 1500 361/NV3500/3.73

'00 Indigo Blue Xtreme 262/4L60E/3.42--SOLD
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.
 


Design by: vBulletin Skins Zone
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.