S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Technical Corner > Sound & Security

Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Bruce LeRoy
SSF Subscriber*
Put Custom User Title Here

Kenwood

Trying to decide between the 370 and 470 double dins. I somewhat know the logical answer but wouldn't mind some input. I have 0 plans to buy an iPhone (ever) the 470 is really geared to/for the iPhone, and also has blue tooth. I have never had a blue tooth, hell I never really talk on the phone as it is. The 470 does Pandora for android while the 370 does not. I have my dealers license still, and the price difference is only $45 between the 2. They both boast 3 4v preouts, 1 av in and av out each and the same 6.1" screen, 1 usb and rear view cam.
Bruce LeRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Bluetooth for9r phone or audio streaming as well?

One of my favorite features on the new Focus is the bluetooth media streaming. No more cords in the car to listen to music from the phone. Can stream pandora via bluetooth as well.

Otherwise, I have no idea which is better.
2kwik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Bruce LeRoy
SSF Subscriber*

Built-In Bluetooth A2DP Music Streaming - Enjoy wireless music playback from your Bluetooth device like a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth through your in-dash receiver.

I will probably run a USB from the back to maybe the glove box or center console somewhere. So I can charge my phone and play the music. I guess Im just not with the times. I can understand the convenience of the blue tooth stuff, but its not something I hunger for. Right now, Im leaning toward the 470. The price difference is somewhat small enough to not really have to worry about. Might as well get it done the first time so I dont have to maybe beg my distributor for a swap later. For the android systems it will do Pandora through blue tooth, but the iPhone needs to be plugged in. Its no secret the battery life on the android units is complete ****, so I have no problem keeping it plugged in while I drive to help it last through a 13-14 hour work day. Im glad I took the time to think it over. I might have just got the 370 if I decided to make a trip to the dealer this morning, and would have probably regretted it later. More options never hurt anyone, maybe Ill be able to use them after getting acquainted. Thanks for the input Mike.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Not all Android units have crap battery life. I get about 2 days of moderate use from my Note2. Thqts for another thread though.

Keep my phone in console usually and not having cords running all over the car is nice. Nice to make calls through the car as well. Much easier to have a conversation and still drive without the distraction of holding the phone.

Does it have nav or just the large screen? I was seriously considering at one point putting a tablet on a ram mount in the Yukon and running it as the only media device in the car. Probably a bit more cost but far more versatile.
2kwik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Bruce LeRoy
SSF Subscriber*

Im glad your Note is treating you well. Im due for an upgrade in august and have been looking around. My HTC Rezound has been extremly terrible for me as far as both battery life and quality. Think Im on my 5th refurbished POS. The TV has no nav. Thats what my phone is for. With the iPhone you can get the garmin ap ( I hear its like $100) and it will be used via touch screen. Just picked up the 470 and install parts, along with an Avital 5303 (directed) pager alarm to help keep it safe. Now I just need to find the time to make it all happen. I have no plans to speak of the TV in the house, but Im sure my kids will spill the beans quickly after seeing it. lol They had the 370 on special, like $25 off. I still decided for the 470, and it worked out. The owner found out it was for my own car and gave me 10% off everything. The radio, the parts, and alarm included.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Bruce LeRoy
SSF Subscriber*

Hope that works, if not... http://prntscr.com/1cf3pj
Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
Bruce LeRoy
SSF Subscriber*

Old 06-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Very nice! I've got a lesser Kenwood with the parrot bluetooth, I really like it, works well.
00 ZR2 Extended cab (8BenZR2/Angus), 4wd, Beater Extraordinaire
98 Habanero 2, 5.3L L33 V8 swap Click for project SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
Bruce LeRoy
SSF Subscriber*

So far Im very happy with it. As much as I didn't think it would be, the Bluetooth is very cool, and makes talking and driving so much easier. And here I thought it was all hype. Finally got around to installing the alarm yesterday. Wasn't sleeping very well since I put the radio in. I live in a nice neighborhood, but it only takes one ass.....

Last edited by Bruce LeRoy; 07-02-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #10
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

No doubt. Where'd you install the mic? First time I taped it to the steering column, second go round I clipped it to the top of the a-pillar.

Edit.. Ps, might be hitting you up for a alarm after I get the blazer running.
00 ZR2 Extended cab (8BenZR2/Angus), 4wd, Beater Extraordinaire
98 Habanero 2, 5.3L L33 V8 swap Click for project SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote