S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Member Projects

Old 02-21-2019, 06:06 PM   #431
IntheBatCave
SSF Subscriber*
Needs a new avatar

If the motor is still weak after you test it per hotwires recommendation, is suggest taking the motor apart, if you can, and taking a look at the contacts on the rotor and the condition of the brushes. It also might need to be lubricated, the grease could have gummed up over the years and could be working against you.
Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM   #432
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Any updates?
64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #433
static low 92

I was hoping my jump box would produce 12 volts for ease of testing, but its an old box, and best it would do is about 10v, so it wasn't any faster than car. So when I feel more motivated, this weekend. Ill use jumper cables from my Silverado and see what I can get.

I gave up on window and wanted to focus on getting more fab work done to install speakers. A buddy stopped by and burned a bunch of my time BSing, so I didn't get near as far as I wanted. I need to sound deaden this door and correct how wiring is routed in jamb, and it will be finished, so I can move to driver front.

I ordered a pair of door looms for front 2 doors. I think will take some significant time to install. But my hope is finished product will be much nicer. We will see what I can get done over weekend. Also order all 4 new window cranks and door handles. To freshen the door panels up a little. Its unreal how much money I could blow on small details like that.

On a completely new note- I been attempting to contact a local tuner/performance shop to talk with about taking a look and correcting my transmission tune issues. I HAVE got to figure that out soon, so I can get trans pulled, and refreshed and reinstalled. I finally got ahold of him after a week of trying and emailed him my current tune file. Should be scheduling appt to drop car off next week. Fingers crossed it goes well

20190221_185956 by Greg Hahn, on Flickr

20190221_204853 by Greg Hahn, on Flickr

20190221_204843 by Greg Hahn, on Flickr
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote