S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Member Projects

Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #261
static low 92

2017 Hot Rod Power tour is officially over. Back to reality

I can say this year was defiantly a milestone for me, being able to do the longhaul with a group and having zero mechanical issues. It couldn't have went much better with exception of having functional AC.

Left STL 7am Sat 10th with 11 cars. Stuck with about 5 through out the tour because we had same hotels. Its a pain coordinating a bunch of people each morning. So our group size was good.

Highlights for me, our 3rd stop Davenport IOWA. Someone organized a wagon meet/photo shoot on riverfront. Pretty cool, we ended up with 31 longroofs. My #wagonmafia stickers I had made before leaving went over well. I made 10 and they went fast. Meet some cool guys.

Beat on a few unsuspecting Mustangs during trip, that always puts a smile on my face. Car still pulled hard even being probably #4200 lbs with passenger and gear.

Ended up driving about 2000 miles in 7 days, car was getting 17-19mpg. All in all im happy with cars performance.

Hot Rod photographers ended up snagging several pics of the car during the trip. Pretty cool

Last edited by static low 92; 06-19-2017 at 12:31 PM.
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:41 AM   #262
static low 92

Finally had some free time Sunday morning to swap my AC compressor. Expected it to be a tedious job, wasn't near as bad as expected. Had compressor swapped in about 45 mins. Vaccumed system for an hour. Charged it, and then went to look at a flip car that was 2hr away.

Put 340 miles on it, with avg vent temps 36-40*. Which is impressive imo. Now its still a huge cabin space and doesn't cool like a new car still... But it did good. We were fairly comfortable on 4+hr trip.

Wishing I would have done this before powertour.... Got talked out of it thinking that wasn't the issue. Oh well. It hopefully will be a good compressor and continue to function for a long time.

Last edited by static low 92; 07-24-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #263
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

You'll prob have to upgrade the insulation / seals to get it cooler. Looking at late model vs my chevelle, lol, lot has been engineered to block outside from coming in.
00 ZR2 Extended cab (8BenZR2/Angus), 4wd, Beater Extraordinaire
98 Habanero 2, 5.3L L33 V8 swap Click for project SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:55 AM   #264
static low 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
You'll prob have to upgrade the insulation / seals to get it cooler. Looking at late model vs my chevelle, lol, lot has been engineered to block outside from coming in.
I need vent window seals bad. But they were on back order when I wanted to do them.

My rear tailgate glass doesn't roll all the way up into the car as it should and has a 1" gap that air comes in.

So those 2 are on the get fixed list at some point.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #265
static low 92

Well, pretty much have lost all interest in updating threads since I cant host pics anymore.

But I entered my first autocross event this coming Sunday. I took car to buddies to put on lift and do a once over on everything. Found sway bar frame mount brackets loose. Fixed that.

Also wanted to try and get linkage adjusted to be able to go into 2nd gear. Which I think would be ideal to just leave it 2nd through entire course. Car would pull down into 3rd and that's it. Spent better part of 3 hrs messing with it, and went backwards. ended up being midnight and I barely have Drive now. and interference with steering shaft.

So gotta at least change D-coupler set screws with shorter this evening to fix interference. Super aggravated that a kit made for a 4l60e won't do what its supposed to.

Anyway. curious to see how I and car do Sunday. Will report back.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:40 PM   #266
static low 92

Arrived at event at 10am, stayed till about 2 pm. Got in 4 complete runs, first run was aborted because I didn't have gas cap on all the way and started puking gas on the hard right handers.

I was very impressed with cars performance. Seemed to get a very good response from other participants. Ended up about 15th in a field of 27 cars. my best times were 1:40, for reference modded Miata was running 1:33, and C5 Z with bfg rivals was running 1:30s

Here the action.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...VS9J0l6CtFxPlP
Old 09-05-2017, 05:40 AM   #267
6SpeedBlazer
SSF Subscriber
Partially retarded

i agree, hard to stay motivated to update the forums without photohosting ability and im not paying the 70 bucks a year photobucket wants.

tried some other ones also, but not as user friendly as photobucket.
06 saturn ion
08 TBSS AWD
6SpeedBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:31 AM   #268
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Ol girl's got some grunt man, glad to see you enjoying it on the track! Can't wait to get mine off the stands..

I got some kind of adfree & 10gb package for $15/yr since I was honestly sick to my stomach of seeing the ads they chose to run.

Searching for it, this is all I can find, it's not as bad as $70/yr..

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/e...orage-Get-Plus

Don't have the original email w/ the deal (might have ran across it when logging in to PB?), but do have the receipt email I can forward it to see if you can get the same pricing?
00 ZR2 Extended cab (8BenZR2/Angus), 4wd, Beater Extraordinaire
98 Habanero 2, 5.3L L33 V8 swap Click for project SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #269
static low 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Ol girl's got some grunt man, glad to see you enjoying it on the track! Can't wait to get mine off the stands..

I got some kind of adfree & 10gb package for $15/yr since I was honestly sick to my stomach of seeing the ads they chose to run.

Searching for it, this is all I can find, it's not as bad as $70/yr..

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/e...orage-Get-Plus

Don't have the original email w/ the deal (might have ran across it when logging in to PB?), but do have the receipt email I can forward it to see if you can get the same pricing?

I would pay the $70 honestly. All I can find is $400/yr. Which is insane.

I don't know where you guys are coming up with the $70, Jeff your deal must have been because of having the app? idk I looked and could find any "deals"
Old 09-05-2017, 08:42 AM   #270
static low 92

Ok, I found the options by digging. I paid for $50/yr option which lists 3rd party hosting, BUT I almost guarantee it will only host new pics. Not reinstate all the old ones... Guess we will see.