S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Model-Specific Forums > Blazer / Jimmy & Blazer Xtreme Owners

Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
newby

over-extended clutch pedal?

recently purchased 2000 jimmy 4wd 5 speed. problem was non start. found broken clutch pedal tab. repaired tab and new issue is requires pedal hard to floor to engage clutch SWITCH to start. is something within the linkage broke? i didnt see anything out of the norm when replacing the tabs. i should not need to press clutch pedal hard to floor to engage switch to start vehicle. master appears to be locked in place to fire wall.
newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
HectorM52
SSF Subscriber*
18x8 & 18x10 Boost

What's a clutch pedal tab? Are you referring to something that comes off the pedal stalk and presses on the switch? I'm picturing something, but it might be the brake pedal.

Can you post up any pics?

You are right, you shouldn't have to force the clutch pedal down to the floor. Sounds like the signs are pointing toward other issues.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
newby

you do know how the clutch pedal is installed right? tabs was the best name i could come up with. but they are pressed outwards by way of springs and you compress, slide in frame and when the holes are reached, they pop out securing the pedal to the frame underneath the dash board. tabs are unrelated to the pedal switch. switch is secured to the master cylinder rod. you shouldnt have to push the clutch or master rod in but half, maybe 3/4 to engage the switch and allow starting of the truck. i have to push it in to the floor and then some to start the truck.
newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
KaP10

On my s10 i have to push the clutch to the end of its throw to engage the switch. What is the issue that you are having? Moving the normal throw of the clutch isn't enough ?

Just put the truck in neutral and reach under the dash and press the switch in by hand and start the truck. If that works fine you have to move the switch forward so that it engages sooner.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imdjsanv7h...525_143827.jpg

Last edited by KaP10; 05-25-2012 at 02:32 PM.
KaP10 is offline   Reply With Quote