S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Technical Corner > Interior Styling

Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #41
scott750
SSF Subscriber*
C is for COOKIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisnewberry
can you just rape a harness off of a blazer so its plug and play? i remember seeing detailed instructions someplace, like where to tap each wire and where to run them and what not. and i thought they would be here. but no such luck. and do all s10s have the outside temp sensor? ive gotten lazy over the past few years and id rather have things pre-figured out for me instead of doing it the hard way whenever possible...
I got the link fixed for the file on the first post......you have to tap into the BCM and radio harnesses(those aren't the only palces...but the easiest) for connections. Only the blazers(SUVs) got the temp sensor. All the wiring I got was from a 98+ blazer, but you can't just throw all of it in there, since the blazers have specific connectors which work for them, not the s10s. I had to make a lot of the harness myself out of 18 guage wire and run it to where it needs to be.
2008 Trailblazer SS - Silverstone Metallic 6.0L 390HP LS2, leather/suede seats, SS Chrome front bowtie, Grafxwerks Silver Metallic rear bowtie overlay, Kenwood DDX712, JL Audio 500/5 amp, JL Audio C5-650 Component Front doors, JL Audio VR-525 Coaxial Rear doors, JL Audio Stealthbox Sub.

*SOLD*2001 S-10 - Dark Cherry Metallic Red, V6, ZQ8 +2/3, Blazer 4 wheel disc brake conversion, stock zq8 wheels, Gibson exhaust, SLP Y-pipe

My Gallery : Cardomain Website
scott750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #42
firefighter
resident loco

So Scott if I bought one of the consoles it should pretty much be plug and play for the Blazer ('03)?
check out my vehicles @ My Car Domain
Retired '91 Blazer 250hp/worked 700r4 aka the Brick Bullet

Please, if you note the random use of piss poor punctuation it is apparently due to my lack of turning on my MSA bottle while fighting fires. I apologize. Thank you for any special considerations.
firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #43
scott750
SSF Subscriber*
C is for COOKIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter
So Scott if I bought one of the consoles it should pretty much be plug and play for the Blazer ('03)?
If your blazer cam stock with the consle it shoudl just plug right in. Of course you'll only have the wiring for the same type of console...ie: if the display on does temp and compass...then that's all that should be there.....or if it does mpg, fuel to empty, etc than the extra wires will be there. That's at least what I've seen.
2008 Trailblazer SS - Silverstone Metallic 6.0L 390HP LS2, leather/suede seats, SS Chrome front bowtie, Grafxwerks Silver Metallic rear bowtie overlay, Kenwood DDX712, JL Audio 500/5 amp, JL Audio C5-650 Component Front doors, JL Audio VR-525 Coaxial Rear doors, JL Audio Stealthbox Sub.

*SOLD*2001 S-10 - Dark Cherry Metallic Red, V6, ZQ8 +2/3, Blazer 4 wheel disc brake conversion, stock zq8 wheels, Gibson exhaust, SLP Y-pipe

Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #44
firefighter
resident loco

wait so if I have one the wiring will be there, or if it was offered the wiring will be there?

Cause I know it was available but I don't have it, also you think that would hold true for the steering wheel radio controls?

Please, if you note the random use of piss poor punctuation it is apparently due to my lack of turning on my MSA bottle while fighting fires. I apologize. Thank you for any special considerations.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #45
scott750
SSF Subscriber*
C is for COOKIE!!!

HHmmmm, not sure about that. You've got a 50/50 chance of the wiring being there. Only way to find out is to pull the headliner. Not sure if you want to bother doing that...kinda a PITA. More than likely is the wiring won't be there, but I could be wrong. hehe

One way you could easily check is to pull the front grille and see if the wiring harness for the temp sensor is attached or sitting near the center of the core support. If thats there, then maybe the rest is there to. Did any of the 2 door blazers come with an overhead console? I know the 4 doors did and the 4 door Bravadas with the sunroof came with the short versions. Not sure about the 2 doors.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 PM   #46
firefighter
resident loco

Well from what I remember it was an option mine just doesn't have it. When I bought my truck was when the Gen was blowin out the '03s and I got like 5K off of it by getting an 03 vs. an 04 long and short it was the LAST Black X in the state. So beggers can't be choosers I wanted the overhead console and the steering wheel controls so now I'm trying to get them. I'll see about pulling the grille tomorrow, man and I just had it off about 5 days ago I put on a new billet bowtie. oh well at least it's pretty easy. thanks for the info I'll get back to you if I got any questions.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #47
scott750
SSF Subscriber*
C is for COOKIE!!!

Any news if that wiring harness is behind you grille? You might have the entire harness throughout the truck sine blazers had that option. Probably cheaper for gm just to install the harness in every vehicle than a few.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #48
Ticketmagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott750
HHmmmm, not sure about that. You've got a 50/50 chance of the wiring being there. Only way to find out is to pull the headliner. Not sure if you want to bother doing that...kinda a PITA. More than likely is the wiring won't be there, but I could be wrong. hehe

One way you could easily check is to pull the front grille and see if the wiring harness for the temp sensor is attached or sitting near the center of the core support. If thats there, then maybe the rest is there to. Did any of the 2 door blazers come with an overhead console? I know the 4 doors did and the 4 door Bravadas with the sunroof came with the short versions. Not sure about the 2 doors.
The wifes ZR2 Blazer came with the short console. Temp,direction, and sunroof only. I still have the do-it-all console sitting on the bench...
Old 04-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #49
scott750
SSF Subscriber*
C is for COOKIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticketmagnet
The wifes ZR2 Blazer came with the short console. Temp,direction, and sunroof only. I still have the do-it-all console sitting on the bench...
Now get that bish installed! When you do start installing the do-it-all console, let me know how many wires your harness has that plugs into the back of the zr2 console. For just compass, temp, it should only have 5 wires. For the do-it-all there should be 9 wires, plus the plugs will be didfferent shapes to accomodate the extra wires. You'll probably have to re-wire for the better console.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #50
firefighter
resident loco

I haven't checked if I have the wires yet but I did get the short console yesterday (from s10warehouse) I'll need to paint it the right color. I'll prolly check here in a little bit I've been glued to the draft all weekend.