S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Technical Corner > Interior Styling

Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #141
scott750
SSF Subscriber*
C is for COOKIE!!!

No problem. Glad I could help!
2008 Trailblazer SS - Silverstone Metallic 6.0L 390HP LS2, leather/suede seats, SS Chrome front bowtie, Grafxwerks Silver Metallic rear bowtie overlay, Kenwood DDX712, JL Audio 500/5 amp, JL Audio C5-650 Component Front doors, JL Audio VR-525 Coaxial Rear doors, JL Audio Stealthbox Sub.

*SOLD*2001 S-10 - Dark Cherry Metallic Red, V6, ZQ8 +2/3, Blazer 4 wheel disc brake conversion, stock zq8 wheels, Gibson exhaust, SLP Y-pipe

My Gallery : Cardomain Website
scott750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #142
tatew

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott750 View Post
Finally got a chance to take pictures and post them up here on the forum. I installed an overhead console from a 2001 Bravada and lighted vanity visors from a 2000 Jimmy. I installed a short console made for the sunroof models that includes map lights, temp/multi mode display including mpg, temp/direction, miles until tank is empty, and more. Also it has the homelink function that can control garages, house lights, etc. The visors are the lighted versions with small mirrors that I wired up. Mine originally came with regular visors with no mirros. Here's the pics:

Since I have map lights in my rearview mirror, I tied the power for the visors into that. For the console I tied 7 out of the 9 wires into the radio. The other 2 wires, VSS and Class 2 serial data bus, I tied into the blue plug at the BCM.

I have a 12 page Word Document file that details every wiring diagram from the BCM to the radio to the little temperature sensor. It also has the variance maps, homelink programming procedures, everything I used to install the thing.

Click here to download the file----> http://mysite.verizon.net/~korney19/...ng_Harness.doc

I've read a lot of threads on here and on s10forum. Talked to many people about this. Special thanks to Hucko and rlilth for getting me started on where and what to look for. There are hundreds of threads about installing these consoles but the problem I kept running into was which wires do what. I have the diagrams that are from the GM techline software, the actual program the service techs use at the dealerships.

Let me know what you guys think. Hopefully this will help someone install these a lot smoother.

EDIT - Got someone to help host the overhead document file for me. So the link has been updated. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Update 07/07/09 - Finally created a colorful wiring diagram on where I connected all of the wires from the console into the truck. I know wire colors changed ebtween model years so even tho your wire colors may not match mine, the pinouts they attache to and their position in the connectors remained the same. Also, please forgive how messy it looks. I'm not the best at working with Photoshop freehand.

Also some good info here: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f200/o...nstall-214399/
Keep in mind some of this is for installing a 95-97 console in a 98+ truck so itmight not all pertain to everyone, but still good stuff. Thanks to lwrd 93(s10forum.com) for finding this.

thats amazing... but what if the lights wont turn on anymore but the gauges work for all of that and so does the sunroof button but the garage button doesnt work anymore. is it a fuse or something? or a short...
tatew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #143
chevynuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc-10 View Post
Scott, I second that! Can I also get that file? rpturbo@gmail.com Thanks, and very nice write up!
This is terrific that you guys want to share this info! I would like the file also,could you send it to me? carldoerner@hotmail.com.
chevynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #144
sonomaguy

Originally Posted by scott750
Finally got a chance to take pictures and post them up here on the forum. I installed an overhead console from a 2001 Bravada and lighted vanity visors from a 2000 Jimmy. I installed a short console made for the sunroof models that includes map lights, temp/multi mode display including mpg, temp/direction, miles until tank is empty, and more. Also it has the homelink function that can control garages, house lights, etc.

So my questions are
" If you have that short console with all that stuff, does it all work now including MPG and miles to empty? Also, how do you program the home link buttons? Or is that in the file I downloaded?"
sonomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #145
RONNIEREDLINE

hello all
i am new to the forum.
i am really trying to figure out how to install an overhead console.
first i have read all of the posts i could find.
now what i have is a console from a junk yard, it is a long console with 4 map lights, a center dome light and a lcd screen.(sunglass holder etc..)
the buttons on the lcd screen are US/MET and ON and OFF.
my wires colors are the problem.
when i got it, i got some of the wiring past the blue factory plug, but if you look at the wires going into and out of the plug, they change colors ???
my wire colors coming out of the plug AFTER they change colors going through the plug are as stated.
pinkish red
black
dark green
light green with black tracer
grey
purple with white tracer.
now how do i hook this up?
trying to install it.
i dont think i have home link, no buttons on the console anywhere except to turn on map lights.
2 buttons on the lcd screen are US/MET and ON/OFF.
i do have the extra home link button and the panel, but for now im not hooking it up. it was not in this console and i purchased it seperatly, i might never use it.
i also have from the junk yard 2 mirrors, one has 5 wires and an off button and an auto button.
they are
light green
black
gray
brown
and pinkish red

the other mirror has a comp/mirror button and 3 wires
they are
orange
black
light green.
is there anyone on here that can make this kinda simple for me??
please help if you can, id like to get this over with as soon as i can.
which mirror should i use? which goes with the console im using?
the 5 wire has no compass? no spot for it on the mirror
the 3 wire has a compass and a black spot for it on the mirror
i dont think i want the one with a compass because the console has one?
thank you for having me here.
ron
RONNIEREDLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #146
RONNIEREDLINE

i thought i would add that some of my wire colors are not the same as the one in the photo above and i cant get it to even light up?
i have no yellow
no black with a white tracer
this console came out of a suburban and i think it was a 98-02 model?? im not sure anyone know?
thank you again
ron
RONNIEREDLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #147
sonomaguy

I picked up a short overhead console, but I cannot seem to get it to turn on. Can I just use a 12 volt supply in the house to do this? I have managed to get the lights to work but the display will not light up. Any suggestions?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #148
sonomaguy

Ok, just got the display to light up, next question, a little harder, can I just repin the connector on the overhead console harness so that I do not have to run all the wires all over ? I looked at the connector behind the dash and it does not appear to use all the pins.