S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Member Projects

Old 12-29-2019, 08:47 PM   #891
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

On a side note, no new things for the chevelle, missed out on the sales. Been having fun learning about a 2010 ecotec 2.2L four banger. Daughter got rid of her jimmy and purchased a new to her chevy cobalt. Complete with warped head and enough copper stop leak in the coolant to paint a gasser with copper metal flake. Local pull a part had a 40% off sale this weekend, grabbed a head, in middle of disassembly, swapping cams/followers, and cleaning, hoping to start bolting the sh!t box back together tomorrow and get it off jackstands.
64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:42 PM   #892
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
They won't let me log in until I agree to pay to unlock my photos for a month or purchase a new yearly subscription plan. So I either have to find a new way of hosting pics or just let the tide wash away all the history. Dammit.
Whats the cost to unlock and re-download the images? It's a ****ty move by photobucket, but I'm in for $10 to cover the cost to unlock and download all this history.
2kwik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #893
LT1Dime

Quote:
Local pull a part had a 40% off sale this weekend, grabbed a head, in middle of disassembly, swapping cams/followers, and cleaning, hoping to start bolting the sh!t box back together tomorrow and get it off jackstands.
Dude, I tried LKQ the first time this Saturday to take advantage of the sale. I almost contacted you to see if you needed to pick up anything but figured you’d be tied up. Let me know if you need any help with the Cobalt. I don’t know if I have any knowledge that’d be useful. But if I come help it would be a good excuse to ride in the Chevelle.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #894
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik4u View Post
Whats the cost to unlock and re-download the images? It's a ****ty move by photobucket, but I'm in for $10 to cover the cost to unlock and download all this history.
I appreciate it Mike, at this point I'm over it unfortunately. The only way in is to agree to a fixed monthly fee which is 10x what I'm currently paying and agreed to. It's not that I can't afford it, it's the principle of them pulling the agreement. I'll get all the pics back but finding some other hosting site and redoing all the threads is very low on my list right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Dime View Post
Dude, I tried LKQ the first time this Saturday to take advantage of the sale. I almost contacted you to see if you needed to pick up anything but figured you’d be tied up. Let me know if you need any help with the Cobalt. I don’t know if I have any knowledge that’d be useful. But if I come help it would be a good excuse to ride in the Chevelle.
I was there Saturday pulling a head for the Cobalt. Got it on the road and everyone's happy. Well, except for my back and wallet..
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 01-08-2020, 08:42 AM   #895
2kwik4u
SSF Subscriber*
I'd rather be boating!!

Quote:
I appreciate it Mike, at this point I'm over it unfortunately. The only way in is to agree to a fixed monthly fee which is 10x what I'm currently paying and agreed to. It's not that I can't afford it, it's the principle of them pulling the agreement. I'll get all the pics back but finding some other hosting site and redoing all the threads is very low on my list right now.
yea, I was totally just wanting to make sure you had the pics. updating the threads is WAY more work than it's worth. Just didn't want you to lose any data on your documentation of the process. It's been a long road, and an extremely well documented one at that.

Ever think of doing resto-mods full time?
2kwik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:30 PM   #896
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik4u View Post
yea, I was totally just wanting to make sure you had the pics. updating the threads is WAY more work than it's worth. Just didn't want you to lose any data on your documentation of the process. It's been a long road, and an extremely well documented one at that.

Ever think of doing resto-mods full time?
Thanks for the compliments. For some reason I like sharing these adventures, don't know if it's the story telling, the documentation for easy referencing, or the learning I like the most. Hoping to show a good way of doing things or getting feedback on better ways, it works out well.

I did want to build cars full time back in the day, but I don't people well. General public and I don't get along, my face doesn't use it's inside voice when I encounter stupid. I've had a couple off hand experiences that taught me volumes and helped me make the decision to stay out of trying to make it a business / profit. You take that, sprinkle some tumors in, then add a compressed disc, and it's over before it even started.

I'd love to take on another project to see if I can level up from this chevelle, but it probably isn't going to happen. I've found a car the family likes (except for my wife (:rolleyes)), am pretty much past the point of investment>return, so it's probably going to stick around and keep getting tweaks. I'm working on a grocery list of interior items, so hoping to update on that in the near future. I just got the 2020 event list for the local autocross car club, sent it to the wife and it's greenlighted! ( http://www.auto-x.com/schedule.php) First event is end of Feb so I've got time. Rear of the car is loose, lot of oversteer. Going to pull the rear sway bar and see if that helps. I know having a huge gas tank behind the rear axle is not helping. Drove the car in this morning, cold air has it breathing great. Came into side road of work hot, rear started sliding with throttle, then hooked, gave me a bad case of vertigo. Still plenty of smiles per mile though.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 01-18-2020, 01:50 PM   #897
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Huh, was able to upload a pic, wondering if they received backlash for their Hitler tactics?

Was suffering from cabin fever, hasn't got dry enough to take the chevelle out that much. Helped a neighbor with some wrenching this morning, flushed the clutch fluid in salty, checked everything, then daughter and I went out for a cruise. Ended up back in downtown after hitting some open roads in the country cleaning the valves out.

Found this mural and hoped it'd pull away from the fact my car is nasty right now.

Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 01-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #898
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Registered for the first test and tune autocross event, Feb 29/Mar 1 at the Danville, VA airport. CAN'T!! WAIT!!

Still need to pull the rear sway bar to see if it'd increase rear traction any and possibly play with tire pressure.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 01-30-2020, 08:32 AM   #899
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

No updates, washed it Saturday and it's been under a cover since. All I've wanted to do is get a coat of wax/polish on it before I drive it again while it's clean. Instead I've been spending my time replacing the water pump on daughter's cobalt, it was leaking coolant into the oil (what lead to warped head and blown head gasket by previous owner who conveniently hid it with a dump truck load of stop leak/head gasket sealant). What a total bullsh!t job that was. It's ran off the balancer chain which is behind the timing chain. Have to buy a special tool to hold the water pump sprocket in place so you don't have to mess pulling the engine down. It's all fine and dandy till you realize the timing cover is ~2" from the unibody and the access hole is about 3" in diameter. Then there's a "coolant pipe" that runs from the back of the head under the exhaust manifold to the thermostat housing/heater core junction that's bolted to the back of the block. Swear jar and pry bar were my friend. Filled up 4 5 gallon bucket flushing the cooling system out.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 01-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #900
mkgearhead
Super Moderator
Torque moves me.

Quote:
No updates, washed it Saturday and it's been under a cover since. All I've wanted to do is get a coat of wax/polish on it before I drive it again while it's clean. Instead I've been spending my time replacing the water pump on daughter's cobalt, it was leaking coolant into the oil (what lead to warped head and blown head gasket by previous owner who conveniently hid it with a dump truck load of stop leak/head gasket sealant). What a total bullsh!t job that was. It's ran off the balancer chain which is behind the timing chain. Have to buy a special tool to hold the water pump sprocket in place so you don't have to mess pulling the engine down. It's all fine and dandy till you realize the timing cover is ~2" from the unibody and the access hole is about 3" in diameter. Then there's a "coolant pipe" that runs from the back of the head under the exhaust manifold to the thermostat housing/heater core junction that's bolted to the back of the block. Swear jar and pry bar were my friend. Filled up 4 5 gallon bucket flushing the cooling system out.
Yup done a few, mostly on Equinox. Horrible design.

'91 Z70 Bravada lowered 4" (Currently under re-construction), KYB's, 9C1 cop car steering gear, rear sway bar, yada yada...
'05 Subaru Legacy wagon (wife's daily)
'04 Subaru Forester XT EJ255 turbo, TBE, lowered 1.5" w/springs
'02 K2500HD single cab 6.0 4L80E 8' plow sander/spreader
Case 580K 4x4 w/chains, 10' power angle plow

To help support this site with a donation click here
My cardomain site
Quote:
"The spirit of resistance to government
is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it to be always kept alive.
It will often be exercised when wrong,
but better so than not to be exercised at all.
I like a little rebellion now and then." -Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
mkgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote