S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > General Non S-Series Stuff > Photoshop Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
98SS10
Draggin' member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lancaster, NY
Posts: 1,860
noob to shop

i have been playin round with PS a lil and i cant seem to figure out stuff like color changes to a car or whatever, what tool do i use? also how do i change wheels- i have to cut them from a pic then add em to the pic i want em on?
this is a pain in the ass beacause i can draw as good as i can shoot a photograph, and i am frustrated by this damn computer contraption! any tips?
__________________
Layin frame.
98SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:41 AM   #2
BLAZ1N
SSF Subscriber*
^ marty paid for that ^
 
BLAZ1N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South Beach, Miami
Posts: 4,349
look for online tutorial websites to better your knowledge

as for color changes there are about 3000 ways to do it:

select the part you want to change and go to IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS and them pick stuff out of that drop menu and mess around
HUE/SATURATION and COLOR BALANCE are two good options

before you add color you might want to CTRL+SHIFT+U first to remove the color from the object


rims:

find rims that best match the angle of the truck you are putting them on
copy from one, paste to another, you may want to change their size before adding them to the new truck, then use the color changing tehnique above to tweak their color so it "just right"


drop a vehicle:

highlight the whole vehicle, but not the wheels or inside of the wheelwells, with your selection include the entire area above the vehicle

then just hit the "down" arrow until you are happy with the height

fill in any gaps



hope this helps, if you need any more tips feel free to ask, R B G is another resident photchopper, so he may be able to give you tips i am unaware of

__________________
dave - 2000 2door blaze




Quote:
Originally Posted by akty
Cock is back and live.
BLAZ1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #3
r b g
Super Moderator
goat ride
 
r b g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 16,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZ1N
look for online tutorial websites to better your knowledge

as for color changes there are about 3000 ways to do it:

select the part you want to change and go to IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS and them pick stuff out of that drop menu and mess around
HUE/SATURATION and COLOR BALANCE are two good options

before you add color you might want to CTRL+SHIFT+U first to remove the color from the object


rims:

find rims that best match the angle of the truck you are putting them on
copy from one, paste to another, you may want to change their size before adding them to the new truck, then use the color changing tehnique above to tweak their color so it "just right"


drop a vehicle:

highlight the whole vehicle, but not the wheels or inside of the wheelwells, with your selection include the entire area above the vehicle

then just hit the "down" arrow until you are happy with the height

fill in any gaps



hope this helps, if you need any more tips feel free to ask, R B G is another resident photchopper, so he may be able to give you tips i am unaware of



without going into super fine detail blazin's tips are pretty good.

here is a thread we started with links to some online stuff...
http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/s...threadid=46959

thats should help get you started. if you have any specific questions just hola
r b g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
98SS10
Draggin' member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lancaster, NY
Posts: 1,860
cool i have been messin with it for ahile now seem to be gettin the hang of it now, here is a site specific to auto' shopin
http://www.photoshopjunkie.com/tutorials/

BTW- How do i post a pic ?
__________________
Layin frame.
98SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
r b g
Super Moderator
goat ride
 
r b g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 16,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98SS10
cool i have been messin with it for ahile now seem to be gettin the hang of it now, here is a site specific to auto' shopin
http://www.photoshopjunkie.com/tutorials/

BTW- How do i post a pic ?
you'll have to have it hosted somewhere on the web, then you can link ie www.blahblah.com/chops/pic.jpg
or "img" tag it. ie [img] www.blahblah.com/chops/pic.jpg [/img]... with no spaces

the only freebie i can think of is photobucket.com
r b g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:15 AM   #6
Teeleton
Administrator
Righty tighty
 
Teeleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 15,007
Or you could subscribe for $27/yr and get a local photo gallery, plus other perks like a custom avatar, sticker for your truck, etc..

Teeleton
Teeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
BLAZ1N
SSF Subscriber*
^ marty paid for that ^
 
BLAZ1N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South Beach, Miami
Posts: 4,349
oh, heres a link that helped me a LITTLE in some areas

its far from "the photoshop bible" but it helps

http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm
__________________
dave - 2000 2door blaze




Quote:
Originally Posted by akty
Cock is back and live.
BLAZ1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #8
SNK SKNR
SSF Subscriber*
VV Teh Woman VV
 
SNK SKNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 13,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Or you could subscribe for $27/yr and get a local photo gallery, plus other perks like a custom avatar, sticker for your truck, etc..

Teeleton
hey, i never got a gallery...wtf?

im assuming i just didnt sign up for it or something
__________________
Chris Marlowe

'97 Sonoma ZQ8, 4.3, 5-speed
2/3 Drop, P/P heads with 3 angle valve job, full Comp Magnum roller valvetrain, 270AHR cam, boosted's poly motor mounts, Mallory Hyfire VI-AL, K&N FIPK, Black Magic #60, HPP, Zexel with 3.42's, Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires, 3" Spin-Tech with turndown, Edelbrock T.E.S. Headers....383, T76 Turbo, T56 and 8.5 rear coming soon...Project thread
SNK SKNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #9
r b g
Super Moderator
goat ride
 
r b g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 16,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK SKNR
hey, i never got a gallery...wtf?

im assuming i just didnt sign up for it or something
yeah, you have to go to the batcave, i think there is a sticky on it.

although its kinda down right now
r b g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:04 PM   #10
r b g
Super Moderator
goat ride
 
r b g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 16,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZ1N
oh, heres a link that helped me a LITTLE in some areas

its far from "the photoshop bible" but it helps

http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm
BTW thats a pretty good link.

i added it to the PS FAQ
r b g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.
 


Design by: vBulletin Skins Zone
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.