S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Technical Corner > Chassis, Suspension, Brakes

Old 10-30-2005, 06:22 PM   #41
ebmiller88

OK...maybe I need to get some parts clear in my head and I'm probably mixed up a bit. This is what I mean by "ZQ8" spindles. Similar to the pic posted above for the 4x4 trucks, it has a bolt on hub instead of a spindle:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tarami...er72/my_photos
ebmiller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:24 PM   #42
ebmiller88

I also finished up the bracket template for the C5 brakes onto the hub-style spindle I have so they will be good to go as soon as I get some steel brackets made.

Ed
ebmiller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #43
FirstGenZq8
SSF Subscriber
ಠ_ಠ

i'm still unsure here, but will i have to go to the 98+ blazer style in order to get these brakes? i'm interested in the C5 13" set up.
FirstGenZq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #44
SonomaZ
Site Sponsor
Red, it's the new red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmiller88
OK...maybe I need to get some parts clear in my head and I'm probably mixed up a bit. This is what I mean by "ZQ8" spindles. Similar to the pic posted above for the 4x4 trucks, it has a bolt on hub instead of a spindle:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tarami...er72/my_photos
Ed,
Couldn't quite make out the spindle detail from the pic, (brakes look sweet though!) but if they are from an S-truck, and have a bolt-on hub that's sealed/plugged in the back, (no axle shaft hole) then they are 2WD '98+ Blazer units, not ZQ8.

ZQ8 was/is a suspension option package that included quite a bit, but the spindles remained the same as the standard S-trucks. That is, one piece spindles with the bearings incorporated into the brake rotor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmiller88
I also finished up the bracket template for the C5 brakes onto the hub-style spindle I have so they will be good to go as soon as I get some steel brackets made.
'03 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura, 2-wheeled Italian mistress

---> Jimmy update pics will go here!! <---
SonomaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #45
SonomaZ
Site Sponsor
Red, it's the new red.

One other small but important detail I forgot about until now.

I have a pair of LS1 calipers and rotors with all the hardware that goes with them.

I thought I could use the carrier brackets from the LS1 calipers on the C5 calipers since they are so similar, but it doesn't look good. Similar, but definitely not the same.
Plus, Nate probably wants the LS1 setup complete.

Add a pair of C5 caliper carriers to the list there Ed.
'03 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura, 2-wheeled Italian mistress

---> Jimmy update pics will go here!! <---
SonomaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:14 PM   #46
HotRodV6
Restricted

Wow, i wish this info had been around a few years ago, before i bought my Baer 13" track system, but i did get the 2 pice rotors and it is built on B-body spindles so i cna use the Hotchkis upper control arms, but this setup wouidl have been way cheaper, i think i paid somethinglike 1800 with freight for the spindles and complete brakes and upper control arms.

I believe the Baer setup is based off the C4 vette, but uses a mustang cobra caliper instead of the gm spec caliper becasue its stronger. Would i notice any differance from my setup by going to a C5 vette 13" setup? Now mind you the Baer setup hasnt been drivenon yet the truck is still getting built, but i do have this same setup on my daily driver cavalier and the stopping power is amazing.

Woudl i be better off with what i have or going with a C5 setup??
HotRodV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #47
firefighter
resident loco

Okay so I'm late getting here but am I understanding correctly that there is gonna be a bracket set up to put 13" C5 rotors and calipers on the '98+ Blazer spindles? If so how much and how fast can I get them.... Seriously send me a PM if the brackets are the right price and I can source the rest of the parts I'll buy them tomorrow. Really I mean it.
check out my vehicles @ My Car Domain
Retired '91 Blazer 250hp/worked 700r4 aka the Brick Bullet

Please, if you note the random use of piss poor punctuation it is apparently due to my lack of turning on my MSA bottle while fighting fires. I apologize. Thank you for any special considerations.
firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #48
firefighter
resident loco

Ed check your E-mail and get back to me soon PLEASE.

Please, if you note the random use of piss poor punctuation it is apparently due to my lack of turning on my MSA bottle while fighting fires. I apologize. Thank you for any special considerations.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:53 AM   #49
scott750
SSF Subscriber*
C is for COOKIE!!!

So anymore info on this? I wrote Ed an email and he hasn't responded yet.
2008 Trailblazer SS - Silverstone Metallic 6.0L 390HP LS2, leather/suede seats, SS Chrome front bowtie, Grafxwerks Silver Metallic rear bowtie overlay, Kenwood DDX712, JL Audio 500/5 amp, JL Audio C5-650 Component Front doors, JL Audio VR-525 Coaxial Rear doors, JL Audio Stealthbox Sub.

*SOLD*2001 S-10 - Dark Cherry Metallic Red, V6, ZQ8 +2/3, Blazer 4 wheel disc brake conversion, stock zq8 wheels, Gibson exhaust, SLP Y-pipe

My Gallery : Cardomain Website
scott750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:19 AM   #50
firefighter
resident loco

Yeah he was on vacation he called me Sunday, the brackets for the '98+ spindles should be ready early Jan maybe end of Dec prolly Jan though, he's just gotta finish tweaking them and then get them made and plated. I'll call him next week to get an update. They should bolt up and add NO trackwidth to the front use the C5 rotor and either the LS1 or C5 caliper.