S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Member Projects

Old 01-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #41
TECH
SSF Subscriber
Accent, what accent

Nice!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, alcohol drink in the other… your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"
TECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:49 PM   #42
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Cool

Thanks guys, I've waited 25 years to finally get long tube headers, this is an achievement for me.

Guy I bought them from is cool. His 67 was the test bed for hotchkis, he's got a complete setup under his car. Said he's taking it off in March, I'm definitely in line for it. It was also the centerfold car for Chevy high performance in 07. It was covered but he showed me the engine bay. Has a crazy LS setup in it with a NASCAR front end. Weird water pump, Ford distributor, etc. He had to push the engine so far back he couldn't use this setup. Oh, he also designs and manufactures the shocks that Detroit speed sells.

He was advertising the headers, I contacted him and he told me about the swap stuff, made a killer offer then packed up the fam and laid the ears back.

On to pics, worked on the front brakes but got no where. Drivers caliper frozen, wrong seals, etc.

Drivers outer race, didn't care to check inner, knew it needed to be replaced, besides the rotor being trash

File 13

Rotor was cocked so far it rested on the washer, deforming it and rolling the edge over

Drivers spindle, not best of shape but useable

Pass spindle, looks like race was cut off in the past, same shape as driver side

How it sits. Removed as much crap from shield and caliper, have at least 1/8" covering on floor. You can see how black the grease was, it was liquid nasty.

Trans and engine mounts minus billet plates

My precious!

ATTENTION!! Check your rotors before installing!! This casting slag was left in the bearing journal of both rotors from Napa. Bearing killer!! I used a wire brush, flat blade, and brake cleaner to get them right.

Test fit with the broken rim. :bigpimp

64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #43
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Driver's side before and after, didn't go all out, not really concerned with looks at this point, just wanted the major chunks off

trans pan was leaking, figure cheap filter/gasket change. Now I'm wondering if this thing has 2nd gear

cleaned up

filter is nothing but screen/mesh

Buttoned up

This brake line had me laughing my ass off. Only thing I can come up with is no flaring tool so they did what they could w/ the extra length. All the bleeders are mangled w/ visegrip marks.

driver's pipe is seriously hitting the rear lower control arm

Found out the exhaust is 2" pipe, crimp bent, reason the 305 sounds like a 12:1 350..

In case no one else has seen something like this (including me), this the nut for the headlight switch, used snap ring pliers and a adjustable wrench to reinforce the pliers to loosen this, it was rusted bad.

Adam and I had bets on this being the horn but I think it's the wipers, still trying to track the wiring down, it goes down to the headlights, taps into factory harness, then goes back to behind the booster and taps into a different harness. f'ed up. bare wire twisted all over.

I'm about numb to things like this now. shoestring on the shifter linkage.

Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton

Last edited by Hotwire; 01-22-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:33 AM   #44
6SpeedBlazer
SSF Subscriber
Partially retarded

damn man. you were not kidding. this thing is rough
06 saturn ion
08 TBSS AWD
6SpeedBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:36 AM   #45
static low 92

It reminds me ALOT of my first black 65 hardtop I bought.... After getting it home and really looking it over, it scared me we test drove it at 60. YIKES.

All the red overspray on everything would drive me up the Fking wall
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #46
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Lol, like I said, I've got my blinders on. One thing at a time. Looking @ the pic of the buttoned up trans I notice the pass floorboard is worse for wear than I previously saw.

This will hopefully hang around for a while as the wife is really digging it too. I won't have as many hurdles to cross when trying to do stuff to it. Just going to take time. I'm addressing safety / functionality first, then go fast/reliability, then looks. Hoping I can keep things in that order.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 01-24-2017, 08:07 AM   #47
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Greg, got a 1157 I'm sending you. With the amount of primer and paint on that bulb it was a fight to get the bulb out of the socket.

Alright, if you look @ the pic.. blue butt connectors are for the driver's side tail light. They'e pretty much wired up the correct way. The yellow butt connector? Yea, that's all the wires heading over to the passenger tail light. And they're wired straight to ground. W. T. F.

Unfortunately the factory harness going from the driver's side to the pass side under the trunk lip is shot. It's been cut in half and spliced 4 times. Yes, from one side to the other, 4 seperate, individual times. Electrical tape, masking tape, bare, and wire nuts. I had some scrap wire, just ran it as temp repair to get the pass side working again. I now have turn signals and parking lights. Getting 2 sockets for reverse lights, brake switch, and didn't have any 1156s in the garage.

Also drilled out the ignition lock in prep for lock set being delivered today. Feel better w/ the car having keys for some reason.

Started cleaning up the interior but am waiting till it's outside to pull the remaining carpet. As much funk, mold/mildew, and ants that I've found so far, I don't want that flying around in the garage when I yank it.

Moved all the trim to the trunk, have yet to take inventory but it looks like at least 90% is there. Will have to replace some that's been fubared over the years.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 01-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #48
static low 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Greg, got a 1157 I'm sending you. With the amount of primer and paint on that bulb it was a fight to get the bulb out of the socket.

I can use some red color 1157s for S-10 taillights lol
Old 01-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #49
static low 92

This car did some of the powertour last year.

Im not typically a more door fan unless its a wagon, but this one really caught my eye... bagged makes everything more cooler lol

Old 01-25-2017, 07:18 AM   #50
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

I would like to swing bags, but with my budget I have to keep on track with what I'm doing. At some point it may get some but initially it'll be set up like the blazer was, static and stiff.

My first big purchase came in yesterday, got trim clips, door handle gaskets, tail light gaskets, full keyed locks, and service / body manual.

Here's the keyset. Pretty cool, one key for everything, old style octagon key, digging it. Don't have to have a seperate key for door, ignition, glove box, or trunk, just one.

The body and service manuals are AMAZING! Everything is written in draftsman print, all hand drawn, and the detail they go into is phenomenal. Some of the kids running the computers pushing out newer manuals need to take a minute or two and thumb through these things. I'll get some pics of what I'm talking about. Now I don't have to guess at how something was put together or what's missing, I have pretty much all the info at my fingertips.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton