S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Other Topics of Interest > Street Wars

Old 04-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

Talking 2 kills with one blazer

ok, this is stupid, but I did take down a M3 @ a stoplight. Don't think he knew how to shift as every time he did he fell back at least half a car length. Think I took him by surprise, but that's what it was all about.

This is the real story I wanted to tell.

Had a guy in a brand new quad cab dodge w/ the chrome tailpipes etc back out in front of me the other day. I slowed down, let him slowly get up to speed and generally didn’t try to push him, just went with the flow.. We came up to a passing zone, I just stretched my legs and got around him, knocked back down to 5 over and hit cruise control. Here comes mr dodge, gets right up on my azz and throws his brights on. Wtf. I drop gears and get to about 15 mph throw my hands up, he turns his brights off, so I hammer it, figure we’re done, hit cruise again. Here he comes again, throws his brights back on. At this point I just say fock it and let him ride like that the rest of the way. Blazer has really good brakes, I know how heavy his Dodge is, but with the way he's acting, he's a really fockin idiot that I don't want to have to deal with..

Was coming in this morning, saw him walking out to his truck. Typical dodge owner, older male, prob single w/ a crew cab 4x4 compensating.. So I threw on the leather jacket, popped the collar, then dropped neutral, gave him a rev, he looked up, let him know he was #1, and just rolled on. Kinda like getting 2 gumballs out of the candy machine. My Friday is starting off great! Once again, I got another moment that made every blood drop and penny spent make something so worth it!
64 Chevelle Malibu crew cab, 6.0L LQ4 / T56 V8 swap Click for project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeleton
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
TerribleTrux
Love,Peace&Chicken Grease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Typical dodge owner, older male, prob single w/ a crew cab 4x4 compensating.. So I threw on the leather jacket, popped the collar, then dropped neutral, gave him a rev, he looked up, let him know he was #1, and just rolled on.
This made me laugh. I know a few dodge owners who think their #1.
99' S-10 Summer driver, 4.3, Auto, Xtreme rims. Thred
TerribleTrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
static low 92

Quote:
ok, this is stupid, but I did take down a M3 @ a stoplight. Don't think he knew how to shift as every time he did he fell back at least half a car length. Think I took him by surprise, but that's what it was all about.

This is the real story I wanted to tell.

Had a guy in a brand new quad cab dodge w/ the chrome tailpipes etc back out in front of me the other day. I slowed down, let him slowly get up to speed and generally didn’t try to push him, just went with the flow.. We came up to a passing zone, I just stretched my legs and got around him, knocked back down to 5 over and hit cruise control. Here comes mr dodge, gets right up on my azz and throws his brights on. Wtf. I drop gears and get to about 15 mph throw my hands up, he turns his brights off, so I hammer it, figure we’re done, hit cruise again. Here he comes again, throws his brights back on. At this point I just say fock it and let him ride like that the rest of the way. Blazer has really good brakes, I know how heavy his Dodge is, but with the way he's acting, he's a really fockin idiot that I don't want to have to deal with..

Was coming in this morning, saw him walking out to his truck. Typical dodge owner, older male, prob single w/ a crew cab 4x4 compensating.. So I threw on the leather jacket, popped the collar, then dropped neutral, gave him a rev, he looked up, let him know he was #1, and just rolled on. Kinda like getting 2 gumballs out of the candy machine. My Friday is starting off great! Once again, I got another moment that made every blood drop and penny spent make something so worth it!
Those are the douches that you want to beat in a race... then beat there ass.
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #4
HectorM52
SSF Subscriber*
18x8 & 18x10 Boost

Funny story. Almost doesn't sound like you writing it!! Lol
Old 04-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #5
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

I felt out of my element flipping him off, but dammit did it feel so right! I usually try NOT to stand out in a crowd, you'll learn about me if you want, but otherwise I let whoever else run the show. Just like my blazer, you can walk by it a thousand times and not realize what's been done to it.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 04-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

ok.. I'm SERIOUSLY not holding a grudge against this guy, but his behavior isn't cool. The other day he was bent over picking up his newspaper, I could have flown by and sucked his friggin shirt off but I changed lanes to oncoming traffic and left the cruise control on just to motor on by.

Today he backs out in front of me, absolutely no problem at all, plenty of room to do so, had ease the brakes to come off cruise control and slow down. He gets up to 46 in a 50. ok. Passing zone, he friggin nails it, good, get the hell going! I just got back up to 5 over and hit cruise again. Then he slows back down and keeps 40-46 the rest of the way down the road. Just one of those people you'd love to pit. I'm going to chalk it up to sh!tty speedo calibration on his part and not hold it against him. Just looking for something to talk about.

Yea, this thing needs a new steering wheel along with a lot of other stuff and no his headlights were on, those aren't brake lights. I felt safe taking a picture at 40 mph, he was slowing down for the stoplight that's 1/4 mile up the road.

Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 04-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #7
DubTee1480
SSF Subscriber*
goodbye 2.hate, hello 3.4

Wheelskins cover for the steering wheel? Tedious to put on but they look good...

Or is the padding separating from the wheel? My Sonoma's wheels has done that, need to replace it sometime.
1.7 I4 non-VTEC lol...

Make the asterisk go away!!

Pendere Et Illegitimi Non Carborundum
DubTee1480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
Hotwire
Subscribed Moderator
I HATE RED!

the padding and leather are still holding together but peeling in spots. There were little spots when I first purchased it, got a little bigger when I completely cleaned the interior. Doesn't help that I got a spyderco pocket knife for Christmas w/ a metal pocket clip, every once in a while making contact w/ the wheel when I drop in either.

I just put a wheelskin on the 4wd blazer for the daughter, I friggin cussed that thing to no end! Ended up throwing the cover in the dryer for about ten minutes, walked outside and slipped it right on.
Quote:
Hot wiring is bad news.
Teeleton
Old 04-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #9
DubTee1480
SSF Subscriber*
goodbye 2.hate, hello 3.4

Quote:
I just put a wheelskin on the 4wd blazer for the daughter, I friggin cussed that thing to no end! Ended up throwing the cover in the dryer for about ten minutes, walked outside and slipped it right on.
Holy crap, I'll have to try that next time. I put one on the wheel of my Civic, has the bulges at 10 and 2. I got the first one perfect, never could get the second one done quite right and I broke the string once or twice attempting it. This was after wheelskins sent me a replacement string for the first one I popped trying to lace the bulges the first time. I was sitting in the parking lot for our apartment at the time or I would have taken a blow dryer to it...
1.7 I4 non-VTEC lol...

Make the asterisk go away!!

Pendere Et Illegitimi Non Carborundum
DubTee1480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #10
static low 92

Man, I had my first race this weekend against a 94 x-cab s-10 with a tbi 350.

Probably did 6 runs. 30/40/60 rolls and from a dig. Walked on it with ease from every situation. Probably the only race ill get before it blows up. Truck is having oiling issues that is scaring me 10psi at idle and maybe 30-35 at cruise. Its making a fun noise up top i can't pinpoint either.
static low 92 is offline   Reply With Quote